Using a Payment Worksheet to Apply a Payment - 20e
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to Use a Payment Worksheet to Apply a Payment in ctcLink.
Audience: AR Specialists
Navigation: Main Menu> Accounts Receivable> Payments> Apply Payments> Create Worksheet
Note: The following QRG demonstrates only one of several potential scenarios. This serves as a guideline that will vary depending on the accounting conditions.
- Enter your district's business unit as the Deposit Unit (it may be prefilled).
- Enter the Deposit ID associated with the payments you wish to apply.
- Click the Search button.
- If there is more than one un-applied payment in the deposit, each payment will be listed (as shown above). Select the payment you wish to apply. If there is only one payment in the deposit, it will open automatically.
- Note that using a payment worksheet generally involves three steps: (1) Worksheet Selection, (2) Worksheet Applications, and (3) Worksheet Actions. You are currently on the Payment Worksheet Selection page. Use the Payment Worksheet Selection page to select AR item(s) for inclusion on the worksheet (with the assumption that you might pay those items with the payment you are currently working). To include all open items for a particular customer, configure the Customer Criteria section as follows:
- Select Customer Items from the Customer Criteria drop-down menu (the default selection).
- Enter the Customer ID (which will prefill if the customer was identified on the payment).
- Enter your district's Business Unit (which may be prefilled).
- Click the Build button.
- Use the Payment Worksheet Application page (step 2 of the payment worksheet process) to select the open items you wish to pay with the current payment. For each item you wish to pay with the current payment:
- Select Pay An Item as the Entry Type (the default selection).
- Select (via the Sel Checkbox) the open item(s) you wish to pay.
- Save the Worksheet.
- Click the Worksheet Action link at the bottom of the page.
- You can use the Payment Worksheet Action page (step 3 of the payment worksheet process) to:
- Create / review accounting entries.
- Delete the worksheet.
- Post the payment.
Click the Create/Review Entries button to generate the payment accounting.
- To post the accounting immediately, select Post Now as the Action and click OK.
Note 1: You must click the OK button after selecting a posting action; no posting will occur if you simply Save.
Note 2: You may also set the posting action to Batch Standard to have the accounting post when AR Update next runs.
- A new window will open to the Process Monitor. Insure that the payment posts without incident.
- To review the accounting navigate to Accounts Receivable Payments Review Payments Deposit Accounting Entries.
- Insure that the appropriate Deposit Unit has prefilled, and enter the Deposit ID with which you are working.
- Click the Search button.
- If multiple payments in the deposit have accounting, each payment will be listed. Select a payment. If only one payment in the deposit has accounting created, it will open automatically.
- Click the Accounting Entries tab.
- The payment you selected has been successfully applied to the open item selected on the payment worksheet.