Entering a Regular Deposit (for Direct Journaling) - 20e
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering a regular deposit for direct journaling in ctcLink.
Audience: AR Specialists
Entering a Regular Deposit (for Direct Journaling)
Navigation: Main Menu > Accounts Receivable > Payments > Online Payments > Regular Deposit
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter your district's business unit as the Deposit Unit (it may be prefilled).
- Leave the Deposit ID as “Next” (unless local business practice dictates otherwise).
- Click the Add button.
- On the Totals page:
- Select an Accounting Date (the current date will be prefilled)
- Select your district's Bank Code
- Select your district's Bank Account
- Select a Deposit Type of C (Customer Receipts) (the value may default)
- Enter USD as the Control Currency
- Enter the Control Total Amount. This amount should be the sum of all payments in the deposit group
- Enter the Count. The count should be the number of all payments in the deposit group
- Click the Payments tab. For each payment entered into this group:
- Enter a Payment ID. (Local business practice should inform your decision.)
- Enter an Amount
- Select a Payment Method. Check is prefilled and most common
- Check the Journal Directly Checkbox
- Make sure that the Payment Predictor checkbox is NOT checked
- For Direct Journaling deposits, you will NOT enter anything in the Customer Information or Reference Information sections.
- You can add an additional payment by clicking the icon in the Payment Information section.
- When you have finished entering payments, click back to the Totals page using its tab at the top of the page.
- Verify the Control Total Amount and Count. The Difference Amount field should be ‘zero’.
- Click the Save button. The system will assign a unique Deposit ID if the previous value was NEXT.
- Navigate to Main Menu Accounts Receivable Payments Direct Journal Payment Create Accounting Entries.
- Confirm the Deposit Unit is prefilled with your district's business unit.
- Confirm the Deposit ID is prefilled with the deposit ID you were working.
- Click the Search button. The search results should include each payment in the deposit.
- Select the first payment in the deposit.
- Click the Speed Type button on the Distribution line.
- A SpeedType Key field will take the place of the button. Use the Lookup to select an appropriate Speed Type.
Note: Speed Types are pre-configured and named ChartField (accounting) strings. Selecting one will fill the distribution line's ChartFields.
- Enter the Line Amount as a NEGATIVE number (you are crediting the associated revenue account).
- Click the lightning bolt icon and the system will generate a Debit line for you.
- If you are satisfied with the accounting, select the Complete checkbox at the top of the page.
Be careful: This is a frequently missed step.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Next in List button at the bottom of the page to open the next payment in the deposit.
- Repeat steps 17-23 until all payments have been processed.Note: The next time that Journal Generator runs, the accounting will be moved into the GL.