Entering a Regular Deposit (Not for Direct Journaling) - 20e
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering a regular deposit in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Entering a Regular Deposit (Not for Direct Journaling)
Navigation: Main Menu > Accounts Receivable > Payments > Online Payments > Regular Deposit
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter your district's business unit as the Deposit Unit (it may be prefilled).
- Leave the Deposit ID as “Next” (unless local business practice dictates otherwise).
- Click the Add button.
- On the Totals page:
- Select an Accounting Date (the current date prefills)
- Select your district's Bank Code
- Select your district's Bank Account
- Select a Deposit Type of C (Customer Receipts) (This value may prefill)
- Enter USD as the Control Currency
- Enter the Control Total Amount - the sum of all payments in the deposit group
- Enter the Count - the number of all payments in the deposit group
- Click the Payments tab. For each payment entered into this group:
- Enter a Payment ID. Local business practice should inform your decision
- Enter an Amount
- Select a Payment Method. Check is default and most common
- Make sure Payment Predictor and Journal Directly are NOT checked
- Select a Customer ID
- If you can, provide any reference information that might already exist in the system:
- Select a Qual Code that represents the reference type
- Select the Reference
- You can add an additional payment by clicking the icon in the Payment Information section.
- When you have finished entering payments, click back to the Totals page using its tab at the top of the page.
- Verify the Control Total Amount and Count. The Difference Amount field should be ‘zero’.
- Click the Save button. The system will assign a unique Deposit ID if the previous value was NEXT.