Generating a Statement - 20b
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for generating a customer statement in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Prior to generating customer statements in ctcLink, the Aging process should be run (see the QRG titled Running the Aging Process) and Receivables Update should be executed (see the QRG titled Receivables Update).
Navigation: Main Menu > Accounts Receivable > Customer Interactions > Statements > Create Customer Statements
Generating a Statement
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Create Customer Statements page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the accounting entry creation process in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with a User ID, uniquely identifies the process that is running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt the user for additional values.
- Click the Add button.
- Use Report Request Parameters section of the Statement Parameters page to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- If it didn’t default, enter or select the business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Remove (unselect) the checkbox for the Balance Forward field.
- Enter or select the customer in the Customer field to generate a statement for a specific customer; otherwise leave blank to generate all of the customer statements.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
Note: This field can be left blank.
- Select the PS/AR Statements checkbox.
- Use the Type dropdown button to select the ‘Web’ option.
- Use the Format dropdown button to select the ‘PDF’ option.
- Click the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps identify the process that has been run.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’
- Click on the Go back to Create Customer Statements link.
- Click the link to Report Manager.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click the Aging Detail by Business Unit link in the Description column.
- Review the Customer Statement.