Processing Receivables Update - 20b
Purpose: Run the receivables update process using ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable staff.
You initiate the Receivables Update process after establishing run parameters. You can set these parameters to determine the scope of pending items to be processed.
Pending item data can be extracted from the information that has been entered online or has been created by another billing system that interfaces with your ctcLink Receivables application.
In this topic, you will run the Receivables Update Process.
Processing Receivables Update
Navigation: Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Request Receivables Update
You can run this process by searching for an existing Run Control ID or you can add a new value.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your user ID, uniquely identifies the process you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. This ensures that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
Creating a Run Control ID that is relevant to the process may help you remember it for future use.
- Enter the desired information into the Run Control ID field.
- Select the Add button.
Use the Receivable Update Request page to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Select and enter the Group Unit field if your data is not already auto-populated.
- Select the Process Frequency list. Enter the desired information into the Process Frequency list item.
- Use the Accounting Date From field to specify the start date of the accounting period.
- Use the High Balance Basis Date field to enter the date used when calculating the customer history ID of HI_BAL_AMT. By default, the Receivables Update process uses the run date.
- Use the Accounting Date To field to specify the end date of the accounting period.
- Select the Run button.
Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
You may select a Server Name to identify the server on which the report/process will run. If you use the same Run Control ID for subsequent processes, the server name that you last used will default in this field. A Server
- Select the Server Name list. Enter the desired information into the Server Name list.
You may not need to enter a Server Name if your process automatically assigns it.
Use the Type list to select the type of output you want to generate for this job. Your four choices are:
Use the Format list to define the output format for the report. The values are dependent upon the value you choose in the Process Type field.
- Select the OK button.
You are now back on the Receivable Update Request tab. Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
The initial status of the process is Processing. The process is finished when the status is Success.
- Select the Refresh button. Continue to select the Refresh button until the status is Success.
You have successfully run the Receivables Update process.
End of Procedure.