Creating and Setting Entries to Post - 20b
Purpose: To create and set entries to post using ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable staff.
You create accounting entries from the pending items. The Pending Group Generator creates these entries as a background process. You can review the created accounting entries before posting them to the general ledger.
You can apply payments automatically or manually using one of these methods:
A payment was entered through a regular or express deposit or electronically by lockbox, EDI, bank statement, or a cash drawer receipt. A payment ID was entered but no customer or payment reference information was provided. The payment has a saved worksheet that is not set to post. If any payment in a deposit has this status, you cannot change any deposit information, payment amounts, dates, or IDs. If accounting entries have not been created, you can change identifying information for
You can use payment worksheet to manually apply payments to items and make partial payments. After applying payments on the payment worksheet, you proceed to the Payment Worksheet Action page to select the appropriate posting option for the payments.
In this topic, your goal is to create and review accounting entries in ctcLink.
Creating and Setting Entries to Post
Navigation: Accounts Receivable > Payments > Apply Payments > Finalize Worksheet
- Select the Deposit ID field. Enter the desired information into the Deposit ID field.
- Select the Payment Sequence field. Enter the desired information into the Payment Sequence field.
- Select the Search button.
Use the Payment Worksheet Action page to:
- Delete a worksheet or a payment group.
- Select the posting option for the payment.
- Create and review accounting entries.
Use the Create/Review Entries button to create accounting entries for the worksheet and display them on the Accounting Entries page, where you can review and modify the results.
- Select the Create/Review Entries button.
- Use the Accounting Entries page to review and create accounting entries for one pending item at a time.
- The status changes from Incomplete to Complete after you create accounting entries and the entries are balanced.
- The Distribution Lines group box displays the individual accounting lines for a single pending item.
- Use the Accounting Entries group box to view the accounting lines for a different pending item.
- The Type field indicates the type of accounting line (for example, accounts receivable, user-defined, VAT, and so on).
Check to make sure that the debits and credits are balanced. View the total number of Lines for each pending item, the DR (debit), and the CR (credit). The Net must be 0.000 (zero) before you can post the group.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Return To Previous Panel button.
- Select the Action list and select Batch Standard list item.
- Select the OK button.
- Select the Save button.
You have successfully created an accounting entry and set it to post.
End of Procedure.