Reviewing the Receivables WorkCenter - 20b
Purpose: To get a basic understanding of the ctcLink Receivables WorkCenter.
Audience: Accounts Receivable staff.
WorkCenters are a central navigational component that is designed for the end user. The goal of the WorkCenter is to help an end user become more efficient by accessing frequently used pages and pagelets.
As an end user, you can utilize WorkCenter tools such as Edit Filters to tailor the results of your WorkCenter.
The WorkCenter can include these primary tabs and pagelets:
- The Main tab contains the My Work and Links pagelets.
- The Reports/Queries tab contains the Queries and Reports/Processes pagelets.
Each pagelet contains links to transactional pages or information.
The system administrator customizes and configures the links appearing in each pagelet--My Work, Links, Queries, and Reports/Processes--of the WorkCenter.
Viewing the Receivables WorkCenter
Navigation: Accounts Receivables > Receivables WorkCenter
Use the Receivables WorkCenter welcome page to view some features of the WorkCenter.
The WorkCenter has two tabs in the task panel: the Main tab and the Reports/Queries tab. The Main tab includes the My Work and Links pagelets.
- Select the Reports/Queries tab. The Reports/Queries tab includes the Queries and Reports/Processes pagelets.
- Return to the Main link.
The My Work pagelet includes links to pages that you may want to access frequently. It includes links divided into these collapsible sections:
- Interfaces Not Run
Once you expand each section, you may need to resize your window. Drag the dotted handle to resize the pagelet when needed.
- Select the arrowhead next to the word Alert to expand the section. This is your collapse and expand button.
The Alerts section consolidates links to these transactional areas:
- Write-Offs Pending My Approval
- Conversations to Review
You can track the actionable items assigned to your user ID in this section. If you have any actionable alerts, you can select it and it will open in a new window.
Once you have completed reviewing this screen, you can select the expand/collapse icon again to collapse it.
If you see a transactional area listed in red with asterisks (**) and the error message listed in the window saying "**Required filter field value not defined," it means that you will need to edit your filters to add an identifier like a business unit and save the change(s). We will demonstrate how to update your filters to remove this error.
To edit the filters, select on the Edit Filters Link. It will open a new screen for you to choose which links to filter. You can select on the View All link and that will expand all the Group Labels. You can easily see which ones will need to be updated as they will be highlighted in red. For this QRG, we will demonstrate the how to edit the filters for the Link Labels contained within the Alerts Group Label.
Select one of the pencil icons to open a new window to configure your filters.
You will see a large list of choices to review and update. You can scroll down to see the rest of the list as well as the OK, Cancel and Apply button. Once you have made your selections:
- Select the Apply button to save your changes.
- Select OK to close the window and return to the Edit Filters page. You should see a message instructing you to refresh the pagelet to see your changes.
After refreshing the screen, you should no longer see the error message. You may also use the Edit Filters page to make other updates to customize your results.
We will now do a brief review of each section.
The Items section consolidates links to these transactional areas (your Items may not be in the same order):
- Open Items
- Write-Offs Pending Approval
- Maintenance Worksheets to Post
- Transfer Worksheets to Post
- Pending Item Groups to Post
Select the link to view the page in the transaction area, or work panel.
- Select the Open Items link.
The alternate navigation for this page is Accounts Receivable > Customer Accounts > Item Information > Item List . Traditional navigation would have taken four steps to access this page. When using the WorkCenter, it only takes one step.
Use the Open Items page to build and view a list of open items that require follow-up based on their status.
Depending on the filters selected for your Open Items page, the grid will show these items:
- Past Due
- By Entry Type (for example, On-Accounts, Prepayments)
- Select the Refine Filter Criteria link.
Use the Refine Search Criteria page to customize the displayed data in the Open Items grid.
- Select the vertical scrollbar.
- Select the Cancel button and return to the Items List on your My Work pagelet at the left side of your screen.
- Select the Pending Item Groups to Post link. This loads the Pending Item Groups to Post page to the right of your screen.
Use the Pending Item Groups to Post page to review and select one or more pending item groups to delete, post, or unpost. This page is unique to the Receivables WorkCenter; there is no alternate navigation.
You can perform actions directly on many of the transactional pages in the Receivables WorkCenter.
- Select the Actions list.
You can select one or more items to post in the Pending Item Groups to Post grid. Select one of the posting actions, and select the GO button to apply the action to the items.
- Select the Collapse button to close the Items list.
- Select the Expand button to open the Payments section.
The Payments section includes links to these transactional areas:
- Express Deposits to Post
- Incomplete Payments
- Payments to Post
- Credit Card Payments to Post
- Incomplete Credit Card Payments
- Electronic Check Payments to Post
Select the Incomplete Credit Card Payments link. Note: link will be available ONLY if there any Incomplete credit card payment exist.
Use the Incomplete Credit Card Payments (if available) page to review credit card payments that have not been authorized or settled. From this page, you can select and correct, resubmit, or delete one or more incomplete credit card payments.
- Select the Payments collapse button.
- Expand the Interfaces Not Run section. It includes links to these transactional areas:
- Cash Drawer Receipts
- Excel Payment Upload
- Electronic Deposits
- Accounting Entries to GL
- Select the Bills link.
Use the Bills page to view bills from the BI_HDR table, which are available to be sent from Billing to Receivables.
- Select the Actions list to select Load Invoices to AR, and select GO to execute.
From this page, you can select the invoices that you want to load into Receivables tables.
Note: As with the other areas we have reviewed, you can change the filter criteria on this page, if desired. To view the currently used filter values, hover your cursor over the Refine Filter Criteria link. To make updates to the filter, select the link and make your changes. After changing filter values, the system prompts you to refresh the page by selecting the Refresh button.
- Collapse the Interfaces Not Run.
- Expand the Exceptions pagelet.
The Exceptions section includes links to these transactional areas:
- Posting Errors
- Deposit Balancing Errors
- Direct Journal Accounting Entry Errors
- Excel Upload Deposit Errors
- Revenue Estimate Exceptions
- Direct Journal Budget Exceptions
- Collapse the Exceptions pagelet.
Next, navigate to the Links pagelet. In this example, you will want to collapse the My Work pagelet for better viewing.
- Select the Pagelet Settings button.
- Select the Minimize link.
Use the Links pagelet to consolidate links to frequently used pages. The links that appear are determined during system setup and are categorized into these sections:
- Customer Accounts
Expand and collapse each area to see sub-level links as you did in the My Work Pagelet. Select actionable links to review further detail.
Next, we move to the Reports/Queries tab.
- Select the Reports/Queries tab.
The Queries pagelet includes links to queries that you may want to access frequently. It includes a link to Query Manager and a collapsible section, My Queries, if you have saved any queries, with links to specific queries.
- Select the AR Customers In Collection link.
Use the AR Customers in Collection page to view the results of the query.
You can use the Download results in links to save the query results in the desired format, including an Excel spreadsheet, CSV text file, or XML file.
- Minimize the Queries Pagelet.
The Reports/Processes pagelet includes links to run control pages in these collapsible sections:
The links that appear in these sections are determined during system setup.
For example, you can access the run control page for Request Aging Process within the Items section.
- Select the Request Aging Process link.
- Enter the desired information into the Run Control ID field.
- Select the Search button.
Use the Request Aging Process page to run the Aging Process.
You have successfully viewed the Receivables WorkCenter, including the pagelets and a sampling of links you can use to access transaction pages in the work panel.
End of Procedure.