Unposting Item Groups - 20b
Purpose: To unpost item groups using ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable staff.
You can only unpost item groups if the Receivables Update multiprocess job has successfully processed them. Unposting creates a new group that is the exact opposite of the original group. The unpost group creates a new unpost item activity and new accounting entries for each item that it is unposting.
If the Receivables Update multiprocess job has not run, groups for which you selected the Batch Standard or Batch Priority posting action are not really posted. In that case, select the Do Not Post posting action on the Action page to prevent the groups from posting. You do not need to unpost the groups.
Unposting Item Groups
Navigation: Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Unpost Groups > Online Group
You are now on the Online Group search page. This QRG assumes that the Group Unit will auto-populate with your correct business unit. If it does not, you will need to select that data first before continuing to the next steps.
- Select the Group ID field. Enter the desired information into the Group ID field.
- Select the Search button.
Use the Group Control page to review groups that are posted based on a combination of search criteria and link to the appropriate unpost page.
- Select the Options tab.
Use the Options page to modify the accounting date or the unpost reason prior to unposting any groups. You can also use this page to define document sequencing options for the unpost group.
- Select the Keep Original Document Type option to use the document type of the original group. Deselect to use the default document type for the group type.
This field is available only if you have enabled document sequencing.
The Unpost Reason field is used to specify the reason code for the unpost action. For example, you might want to indicate that you are unposting a payment group because a check was returned due to insufficient funds. You view the reason on the Item Activity and Payment Status pages.
- Enter the desired information into the Unpost Reason field.
Select the Edit Accounting Date option if you want to change the Accounting Date field. The new accounting date must be in an open accounting period for the Receivables business unit.
- Select the Action tab.
Use the Action page to select an action for an unpost group.
Select a posting action for the group and select OK to execute the action.
- Do Not Post: Saves the changes for the unpost group, but no posting takes place.
- Post Now: Runs the Receivable Update multi-process job immediately. If the user enabled the notification feature, the system displays a message when the job completes.
- Post Now to GL: Runs the Receivable Update multi-process job immediately and runs processes to create and post journals to the general ledger. If the user enabled the notification feature, the system displays a message when the job completes.
Select a posting action for the group and select the OK button to execute the action. Additional values are:
- Batch Priority: Runs the Receivables Update multiprocess job the next time a priority scheduled job runs or the next time a standard scheduled job runs if that occurs first. This option is not intended for large jobs.
- Batch Standard: Runs the next time a standard scheduled batch jobs runs. This may occur once a day depending on how often the organization schedules standard jobs.
The posting options that are available depend on the options that are selected on the Define User Preferences - Process Group page. Use the Post Now and Post Now to GL options only for small groups or when there is an immediate need to post the transaction. The system issues a message if another user or scheduled process is posting transactions for the same business unit and customer combination at the same time.
Your transaction saves automatically when you select the OK button.
- Select the OK button.
The Delete Unpost button is available after you select a posting action.
- Select to delete the unpost group that you created.
- Select the Review Unpost Now button to display a page where you can review the details of the unpost group. This button is available after you select a posting action.
You have successfully unposted an item group.
End of Procedure.