Running Receivables Update - 20b
Purpose: To run the receivables update using ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable staff.
The posting process in ctcLink Receivables is called Receivables Update. Running this process updates customer balances in the system for transactions involving customer accounts over a period of time. You update customer balances for items charged, adjustments, and payments. This process also creates the accounting entries that the journal generator uses to transfer information to the general ledger.
Running Receivables Update
Navigation: Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Request Receivables Update
The Request Receivables Update page is a Run Control ID search page.
A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. This ensures that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
Creating a Run Control ID that is relevant to the process may help you remember it for future use.
You can run this process by searching for an existing Run Control ID or you can Add a New Value.
- Select the Add a New Value tab and enter the desired information.
- Select the Add button.
Use the Receivable Update Request page to set parameters to determine the scope of pending items to be processed when updating customer balances.
- Select the Process Frequency list. Select the desired value from Process Frequency drop-down list.
- From the High Balance Basis Date list, select the date used when calculating the customer history ID of HI_BAL_AMT.
- Calc Date (calculation date): Select if you want HI_BAL_AMT to be calculated as of the calculation date. The Receivables Update process then uses the calendar ID on the Receivables Options - Options 1 page to determine the calculation date.
- Run Date: By default, the Receivables Update process uses the run date.
When the system scans the database, it looks at the group accounting date for each group that is set to post to see if it falls in the date range that you specify in the Accounting Date From and Accounting Date To fields. If the effective date on the General Info page for a customer is outside the range of the accounting dates, the system does not select pending items to be posted for a customer.
Select the User Defined option to update the history elements that are established on the User Defined History page. For example, if you use the user-defined history of SALES, sales history is calculated for the year and period defined by the accounting date of the activity.
Select the Payment Performance option to update the system-defined history IDs for average days late, weighted average days late, weighted average terms, and weighted average days paid.
Select the DSO (days sales outstanding) option to update both DSO30 and DSO90. Sales history is also included because DSO calculations use the sales figures updated as part of user-defined history. If you run DSO without calculating Sales history, no sales figures will be available.
- Select the Run button.
Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Select the Server Name list. Select the desired value from Server Name drop-down list.
- Select the OK button.
Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
The current status of the process is Processing. The process is finished when the status is Success. Continue to select the Refresh button until the status is Success.
- Select the Refresh button until the status is Success.
Next, navigate to Group Control page to verify the completion status of the process and view its activity log.
- Select the Receivables Update menu at the top of the screen.
- Select the Posting Results-Updated Items menu.
- Select the All Items menu.
- Select the Group ID field. Enter the desired information into the Group ID field. This step assumes the Group Unit field has auto-populated with your business unit information.
- Select the Search button.
Use the Group Control page to view a group and view control totals and data.
Note the value of the Posting Status field is now Complete.
You have successfully run the Receivables Update process in ctcLink.
End of Procedure.