Running the Automatic Maintenance Process - 20b
Purpose: To run the automatic maintenance processing using ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable staff.
The Automatic Maintenance process automatically matches debit and credit items based on the criteria in automatic maintenance methods. It places the matching items in match groups and either creates write-off items to balance the group or creates an adjustment item to resolve the remaining balance for a group.
Navigation: Accounts Receivable > Receivables Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance > Request Automatic Maintenance
You can run this process by searching for an existing Run Control ID or you can add a new value.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. This ensures that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
Creating a Run Control ID that is relevant to the process may help you remember it for future use.
- Enter the desired information into the Run Control ID field.
- Select the Add button.
Use the Automatic Maintenance page to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Select the Override Method field and enter the desired information.
- Select the Anchor BU field and enter the desired information.
- Select the Last Activity Date list and choose the desired value from Last Activity Date drop-down list.
Use the Process Frequency list to specify the frequency at which the Receivables Update process is run.
- Select the Process Frequency list and enter the desired value from Process Frequency drop-down list.
- Select the Run button.
Note the field names preceded by an asterisk must be completed before running the process.
Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Select the Server Name list and enter the desired value from Server Name drop-down list.
- Select the PS/AR Automatic Maintenance option.
Use the Type list to select the type of output you want to generate for this job. Your four choices are File, Printer, Email, or Web.
Use the Format list to define the output format for the report. The values are dependent upon the Process Type you have selected.
- Select the OK button.
Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
The initial status of the process is Queued. The process is finished when the status is Success. Continue to select the Refresh button until the status is Success.
- Select the Refresh button.
The Run Status is now Success.
You have successfully run the Automatic Maintenance process.
End of Procedure.