Processing Refunds - 20b
Purpose: To process refunds using ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Receivable staff.
- ctcLink enables you to process refunds after the bank receives, processes, and posts the deposits to your account.
- You can use the Refunds Parameters component to add unposted vouchers to the associated payable tables for payment to the Receivables customer or Payables supplier.
- Consider this scenario: A company has notified you that they have paid an invoice twice, and they want you to send them a refund. Upon researching their account, you find a credit showing as an on-account item, and you agree to process the refund.
- In this topic, you will process a refund.
Navigation: Accounts Receivable > Receivables Maintenance > Refunds > Request Refund Item
You can run this process by searching for an existing Run Control ID or you can Add a New Value.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the desired information into the Run Control ID field.
- Select the Add button.
A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. This ensures that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
Creating a Run Control ID that is relevant to the process may help you remember it for future use.
Use the Refunds page to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Select the Business Unit field. Enter the desired information into the Business Unit field.
Use the Load Directly to AP option to load the processed refunds into the ctcLink Payables voucher tables.
- Select the Load Directly to AP option.
- Select the Run button.
Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
You must select a Server Name to identify the server on which the process will run. If you use the same Run Control ID for subsequent processes, the server name that you last used will default in this field.
- Select the Server Name list. Enter the desired information into the Server Name list.
Use the Type list to select the type of output you want to generate for this job. Your four choices are File, Printer, Email, or Web.
Use the Format list to define the output format for the report. The values are dependent upon the Process Type you have selected. In this example, the default value is TXT.
- Select the OK button.
Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
The initial status of the process is Queued. The process is finished when the status is Success. Continue to select the Refresh button until the status is Success.
- Select the Refresh button. The Run Status is now Success.
You have successfully processed a refund.
End of Procedure.