Adjusting an Invoiced Bill Through Billing - 22j
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adjusting invoiced bills in ctcLink.
Audience: Billing/AR Specialists
This guide will walk you through adjusting invoiced bills. For additional details about information required by your school, please refer to local business process policy and documentation.
Adjusting an Invoiced Bill
Navigation: Main Menu > Billing > Maintain Bills > Adjust Entire Bill
- On the Adjust Entire Bill page, enter the Invoice Number to be credited and rebilled.
- Click Search.
- On the Adjust Entire Bill page, in Select Bill Adjustment Action select Credit Entire Bill or Credit and Rebill.
- In the Adjustment Results section:
- Change NEXT in the Credit Bill field to CR-the invoice number you want to adjust.
- Change NEXT in the Rebill Field to RB- the invoice number you want to adjust.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Header Info 1 link next to REBILL to open the bill in Express Billing.
Adjust the rebill as necessary.
- Set Bill Status to RDY.
- Enter Invoice Date.
- Scroll down and select Billing General in the Navigation field.
This should take you back to the Billing General page.
- Change Bill Status to Ready.
- Scroll down and click the Save button.
Note: The generated Credit bill has a Bill Status of RDY by default. Both bills are now ready to be invoiced
.Navigation: Billing > Generate Invoices > Non-Consolidated > Single Action Invoice
Next we will review how to adjust specific bill lines.
Adjusting Specific Bill Lines
Navigation: Main Menu > Billing > Maintain Bills > Adjust Selected Bill Lines
- On the Adjust Selected Bill Lines page, enter the Invoice Number to be adjusted.
- Click the Search button.
- On the Adjust Selected Bill Lines page, in Line Adjustment Parameters select one of the following:
- No Bill Action: When you first access the page, the system uses this field as the default bill action. This setting prevents you from adjusting the bill unintentionally.
- Adjust Selected Lines: Enables you to adjust any combination of lines on this bill. When you select this option, the Add to Existing Bill check box appears.
- Add to Existing Bill: Select to add the lines to an existing bill. If you do not select this check box, the system generates a new bill for these adjustment lines.
- Line Opt: (line options) Select a value.
- Create Net Adjustment Only: Creates one adjustment line.
- Create Reversal and Rebill: Creates two new lines, one that credits the original line chosen, and one that reflects the adjustment.
- Credit Line: Creates one line with a reversal of the amounts from the original line chosen.
- Adjustment Reason Default: Select the appropriate code from a list of valid reason codes that will be made available via a prompt list. A reason code is required for a reversal line and a credit line.
- In the Line Adjustment Results group box, the system displays one of these field:
- Add to Bill: The system displays this field if you elect to add to an existing bill. Enter the invoice number of the existing bill to which you want to add the lines. If you elect to add to an existing bill but there are no existing bills available, select No Bill Action, reselect Adjust Selected Lines, and deselect Add to Existing Bill.
- Warning! Adjusted Project Costing and Contracts lines should never be added to non-Project Costing or Contracts bills.
- Adjustment: The system displays this field if you elect to add to a new bill. The system assigns the default invoice number NEXT to the adjustments. If business practice allows, you can assign your own unique invoice numbers to the credit bill or rebill by overriding NEXT.
- Warning! You can adjust a bill header or bill line only once.
- Set Filter Options: Select this link to enter search values and to filter the invoice lines returned that need to be adjusted. After entering the values, the user will have the option to search, clear search, or return to the Adjust Selected Bill Lines page.
- Header Info 1 and Bill Line Info 1 (bill line information 1): Click to access the corresponding bill in bill entry. You can make any necessary changes there and then process the bill as usual.
Select Bill Lines: All lines that satisfy the search criteria appear in this scroll area. The grid tabs at the top of the list enable you to view different bill fields.
- Save to initiate the adjustment process.
After the process is complete, the invoice number of the adjustment bill appears in Line Adjustment Results, if appropriate.
- Click the Header Info 1 link next to Adjustment to access the Standard Billing Header Info 1 page and modify the bill header.
- Click the Bill Line Info 1 link to access the Standard Billing Line Info 1 page and correct line information.
- Adjust the rebill as necessary.
- Set Bill Status to RDY.
- Click the Save button.
You can adjust a bill header or bill line ONLY ONCE.
The generated Credit Bill has a Bill Status of RDY by default. Both bills are now ready to be invoiced.