Reconciling Externally Generated Transactions - 16j
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to reconcile externally generated transactions in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
The Bank Reconciliation process flags bank transactions (such as overdraft fees, interest, or other miscellaneous fees) as MISC (miscellaneous) exception items because there are no corresponding system transactions. By associating statement activity types with these items, Treasury Management generates accounting entries for them when you force them to reconcile based on the ChartFields that are specified in the Accounting template that is assigned to the statement activity type.
In addition to processing these types of transactions, you can also enter transactions online using the External Transactions page or insert them into the Bank Reconciled Transactions table, which corresponds to the External Transactions page. After you enter the transactions, you run the Bank Reconciliation process to reconcile them automatically. The process tries to match them to corresponding bank transactions.
Navigation: Main Menu > Banking > Reconcile Statements > External Transactions
- Enter existing search criteria or click the Add a New Value tab on the External Transaction page to add a new value.
- Enter or select the appropriate bank ID of the bank that you want to reconcile externally generated transactions in the Bank ID field.
- Enter or select the appropriate bank account number of the bank that you want to reconcile externally generated transactions in the Bank Account # field.
- Enter the transaction number of the externally generated bank transaction that you want to reconcile in the Transaction Reference ID field.
- Enter the date of transaction date of the externally generated bank transaction that you want to reconcile in the Transaction Dt (date) field.
- Click the Add button.
- The External Transactions grid displays existing transactions that meet your search criteria and allows entry for adding transactions.
Note: A transaction is unavailable for edit if you have reconciled it.
- Use the Transaction Header tab to enter the amount in the Tran Amount field.
- Click the Transaction Details tab.
- Use the Transaction Code drop-down button to select the type of transaction, such as fee expense, interest, etc.
- Enter a description in the Transaction Description field.
- Enter or select the appropriate Accounting Template ID to specify the accounting template that the system uses to generate the correct accounting entries.
Note: Transactions entered without an Accounting Template can be reconciled in Banking but no entry will be made to the GL.
- Click the Save button.