Performing Manual Reconciliation - 16j
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for performing manual reconciliation of bank statements in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
Use the Manual Reconciliation page to reconcile statements for banks that do not provide an electronic file of their transaction data.
Important! If you open a bank account in the Manual Reconciliation page that is set for automatic reconciliation, you get a warning message stating “This bank account is set up to use Automatic Reconciliation.” To avoid this warning, you should not perform manual reconciliation on bank accounts whose reconciliation method is Automatic.
Some care should be taken, as any system transaction marked as manually reconciled will not be considered a candidate for automatic (or semi-manual) reconciliation. In addition, you need to be careful not to mark the transaction of an automatic bank for manual reconciliation. The system will then not retrieve these marked transactions for automatic or semi-automatic reconciliation.
Navigation: Main Menu > Banking > Reconcile Statements > Manual Reconciliation
Performing Manual Reconciliation
- Specify the search criteria for the transactions that you want to reconcile:
- Enter or select the appropriate bank ID of the bank that you want to manually reconcile in the Bank ID field.
- Enter or select the appropriate account in the Account # field.
- Use the Status drop-down button to select the appropriate search status.
- Enter or select the dates using the From Date and Thru Date fields for the manual reconciliation.
- Click the Search button to display results in the System Transactions area.
- The System Transactions area displays reconciliation details in the following fields:
- Reconciliation Date– From the bank statement, enter the date when the transaction cleared the bank. The date cannot be after today’s date nor earlier than the date entered in the Enter Reconciliation Date field if Override Reconciliation Date is selected.
Status– Displays the reconciliation status. There are two possible statuses from which to select for manual processes (use the Select checkbox to make your selection):
- UNR (unreconciled) – Select to reconcile transactions.
- REC (reconciled) – Select to view and undo the reconciliation for a transaction. Only transactions that were reconciled manually will appear. Hence, transactions that were reconciled automatically or semi-manually can only be unreconciled from the Semi Reconciliation page.
- Transaction Date– Displays the date on which the system transaction occurred.
- Status– Displays the payment status for the Payables/Receivables transactions.
- Detail– Displays the transaction type or payment method.
- Choose from the following Recon Date OverrideOptions:
- Override Reconciliation Date– Select to override the displayed value date when you reconcile selected transactions. Select this option and also enter a new date in the Enter Value Date field.
- Enter Reconciliation Date– This date defaults to the Thru Date listed in your search criteria.
- Click the Reconcile button to reconcile selected transactions.
- Run Reports:Click the Account Register Report button to generate the Account Register report, which you can view using the Report Manager Process.