Processing Bank Statement Accounting - 16j
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing bank statement accounting in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
Prerequisite: This process cannot be run until after running reconciliation from the Process Reconciliation page.
The Bank Statement Accounting process takes all reconciled transactions and tries to match them to a defined rule ID (or rule IDs). If the system matches a transaction only to the defined activity default template, then the system does not reconcile the transaction. Instead, the transaction is assigned an exception status of RR (Requires Review – BSAC). In addition, the system creates an associated external transaction with a reconciliation status of UNR. You can then review this external transaction and make the necessary changes to facilitate correct reconciliation. After correcting the external transactions, you must reconcile the transaction using one of two methods. Either force reconcile the transaction using the Automatic Reconciliation page, or reconcile it using the Semi Manual reconciliation page.
Note: This process can only be run one time on each statement.
Navigation: Main Menu > Banking > Reconcile Statements > Process Statement Accounting
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Process Statement Accounting page to add a new value.
- Enter a name for the Run Control in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process that you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Click the Add button.
- On the Process Statement Accounting page, enter the appropriate bank statement processing parameters:
- Enter or select the bank ID in the Bank ID field.
- Enter or select the bank account number in the Bank Account # field.
- Enter or select a specific statement ID or you can leave Statement ID field blank and the system will run the selected process for all statements that are not marked “C” (complete).
- Click the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate server to process the request.
- Click the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’