Creating Reverse Accounting Entries - 16i
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating reverse accounting entries in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
Accounting entries that need to be reversed can be identified by using various identifiers, such as Accounting ID, Source, and Payment ID. The Reverse Accounting Entries process does the following:
- Selects the accounting data.
Reverses the amounts and reset certain statuses and field.
- Assigns a new Accounting ID to each selected header and line items.
Note: The process does not reset the accounting event status associated with the original accounting entry.
- Calls document sequencing and ChartField combination editing, when applicable.
- Populates the accounting tables with the new data.
- Checks for errors and updates the accounting header.
- Logs messages summarizing the entries (including type of errors, number of entries created).
Note: Accounting entries can only be reversed once.
Navigation: Main Menu > Cash Management > Treasury Accounting > Reverse Accounting Request
Creating Reverse Accounting Entries
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Automated Accounting page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the automated accounting process in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process that you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Process Request Parameters section, setup the reverse accounting parameters:
- Use the Process Frequency drop-down button to select ‘Always Process.’
- Use the Reverse Accounting drop-down button to choose from one of the following three options:
- Reverse by Accounting ID
- Reverse by Payment ID
- Reverse by Source
Note: The page will render differently depending on the selected Reverse Accounting field selection. Each option has different criteria for identifying the accounting entries to be reversed.
- In the Combo Template field specify a combination editing template.
- Use the Reversal Date Option drop-down button to select the date type to use as the accounting date for the reversal accounting entries.
Note: The Reversal Date field is available for input when the reversal date option is ‘Specify Date’.
- Select a reversal date from these values:
- Current Date – Select to use the current date as the accounting date for the reversal accounting entries.
- Specify Date – This option requires a value in the Reversal Date field, where you can enter a specific accounting date.
- If you specify ‘Reverse by Payment ID’ in the Reverse Accounting Options field, the Payment ID Criteria section appears.
- If you specify Reverse by Source in the Reverse Accounting Options field, the Source Criteria section appears.
- When the Reverse Accounting Request form is complete, click the Run button.
Note: The reversal accounting entry is not linked to a fiscal period.