Maintaining Fiscal Period Summary - 16i
Purpose: Use this document as a reference form and intaining fiscal period summary in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
The Fiscal Period Summary page is used to close or lock down the accounting for a specified fiscal period, in preparation for end-of-period financial-report generation and analysis.
This prevents other users from rerunning Treasury Management accounting processes for the closed fiscal period. You can also reset a fiscal period that has been closed in error.
Navigation: Main Menu > Cash Management > Treasury Accounting > Fiscal Period Summary
Maintaining Fiscal Period Summary
- Enter existing search criteria or click the Add a New Value tab on the Fiscal Period Summary page to add a new value.
- If it doesn’t default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate calendar ID in the Calendar ID field.
- Click the Add button.
- To close a fiscal period:
- Select a fiscal year.
- Select an accounting period.
- Select the Close Acctg (close accounting) check box.
- To reset a closed fiscal period:
- Click the Reset button. The system enables the Fiscal Year and Period fields, and automatically deselects the Close Acctg (close accounting) check box.
- In Reset Reason, overwrite any existing text with the reason for the fiscal period reset.
Note: The Audit Detail tab lists audit information for each row.
Note: When you add rows to existing fiscal period information, the system automatically populates the Fiscal Year and Period fields with the next chronological period.
Note: Rows must be closed in ascending entry order, from first entered row to last entered row. Conversely, rows must be reset in descending entry order.
- Click the Save button.