Creating an Expense Report - 29c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating an expense report from a blank expense report in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Staff/Employees
Navigation: Main Menu → Employee Self-Service → Travel and Expenses → Expense Report → Create/Modify
Creating an Expense Report
Note: Depending on your role, the Empl ID will default into the field. If you are authorized to enter an expense report on behalf of someone else, then you will need to look up the Empl ID first.
- Select Add.
Note: From the Create Expense Report page you can start from a blank expense report (the default setting) or use the Quick Start dropdown button to create from an existing expense report or from a template.
- Select the BusinessPurpose list. Select the appropriate business purpose for the expense report.
- Select in the ReportDescription field. Enter a valid value, e.g. “Trip to Everett”
- Select the DefaultLocation lookup icon. Select the LookUp button. Choose location.
- Select the ChooseaDate button (calendar). Select the appropriate date.
- Select the ExpenseType dropdown button. Select type.
- Select in the Description field. Enter a valid value. Add a brief description.
- Select the PaymentType list. Select the appropriate payment type.
- Select the BillingType list. *Always use the billing type “Billable”.
- Select the TransportationID list. Select appropriate choice.
- Select in the Miles field. Enter the estimated miles.
- Select to expand AccountingDetails.
- Enter or use Lookup icon in OperUnit field. Select appropriate operating unit.
- Enter or use Lookup icon in Fund field. Select appropriate Fund Code.
- Enter or use Lookup icon in Dept field. Select in the Description field. Look for all the departments that contain “travel” in the description. Select appropriate Dept.
- Select the Lookup icon in the Class field. Select appropriate class number.
- Scroll to the right to view additional fields.
- Select in the StatePurpose field. Select appropriate value.
- Select the Attachements link to attach a document at the header level of an expense report,
- Use the Expense Report Attachments page to add new attachments or remove attachments from the expense report.
- Select the Add Attachment button. The File Attachment window appears. Select the Browse button and navigate to the location where you stored your attachment and select it.
- Select the Upload button. Notice that the attachments link has a “(1)” after it. This means that there is one attachment. The system updates this number every time you add or delete an attachment.
- Select the Summary and Submit button.
- Select the checkbox to certify that the expenses submitted are accurate ad comply with expense policies.
- Select the SubmitExpenseReport button.
- Select OK.