Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to Cancel a Payment in ctcLink
Audience: Travelers or managers
Canceling a Payment
Navigation: Menu → Travel and Expenses → Process Expenses → Expense Processing
Note: this process cancels an expense/or cash advance set up for payment. This action generates the correct accounting entries associated with the cancellation. There are two types of cancelations, one with commitment control has to include reversal to the commitment control, and one set up without checking budget does not.
Canceling With Commitment Control
- Enter a new RunControlID by clicking the tab Add a New Value.
- Click the Add button.
- If you get a security message below; click OK and then click on the tab Select Business Units and enter the business unit.
- In the Business Unit field there is a look up menu. Pull down and select the appropriate Business Unit.
- When selecting the Business Unit the field Description will automatically be populated with a title.
- If more than one business units need to be added, click on the plussign (+).
- Click the Save button and return to Expense Processes.
- If the run control is new (like in this example) hit the Save button and then Refresh to update the transaction counts.
- Check mark the box Cancel Payment.
- Click Run.
- Click Save.
- The Process Scheduler Request page will pop up.
- Populate with ServerName, Recurrence time frame.
- Check mark the Description.
- Retain the default dates of today; or type over with a Run Date and Run Time that are appropriate.
- Click OK.
- Click on Process Monitor at the top of the screen.
- It will say “Success” when it is completed. Click Refresh until it says “Success”. To review document processing details click on the Detail button.Click Save.