Closing Expense Reports
Purpose: Use the Expense Reports Close page to mark an expense report for close if it has been approved for payment processing but not staged for payments. Also, the expense report post status is posted.
Navigation: Main Menu > Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Close Expenses > Mark Expense Report for Close
- If you know the employee's expense report number, then you can enter it in the Report ID field; otherwise, select the Advance Search link and enter the search different criteria.
- Select Search.
- Select Reversal Date.
- Select the Close button to close the expense report> The system takes you to the Close Expense Report page to confirm that you want to close the document.
You can use the Close Expense Report page to modify the reversal date and verify that the expense report is to be closed.
- If you do not need to change the reversal date, simply select the OK button to proceed.
- After you confirm your selection, the system marks the expense report for closing.
- Notice that the Close button is no longer available.
- To process an expense report that is marked for closing, use the Expense Process Page.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Expense Processing.
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Expense Transactions page to add a new value.
- Select the appropriate Run Control ID.
- If the Run Control ID is new, click the Save button and then click the Refresh button to update the transaction counts.
- If you are using an existing Run Control ID, the transaction counts will update automatically.
- Select the Close Liability option. (When you select the Close Liability option and run the Application Engine process, the system reverses the liability entries for expense reports that are marked for closing and changes the status to "Closed").
- Select Refresh.
- Select Run.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page.
- Select OK.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
- Select Refresh.
- The Run Status of process EX_TRAN_PRCS is now Success.
- Select the Go back to Expense Transaction link.