Building Summary Ledgers 03b
Purpose: Use this document as a referencefor building summary ledgers in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Staff
After completing ledger entries, you can build summary ledger balances according to the definition of the summary ledger and the requested parameters.
Navigation: Main Menu > General Ledger > Summary Ledger > Build Summary Ledger
Building Summary Ledgers
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Build Summary Ledger page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the summary ledger in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process that you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the Build Summary LedgerRequest page to define options, such as the fiscal year, period type, and effective date for processing summary ledger balances.
- Enter a brief description of the summary ledger(s) in the Description field.
- Select the Always radio button for the processing frequency.
- Use the From Ledger field to select or enter the beginning summary ledger of the range of ledgers that you want to process.
- Use the To Ledger field to select or enter the ending summary ledger in the range of ledgers that you want to process.
- Enter the appropriate fiscal year into the Fiscal Year field.
- Choose one of the following three options for the accounting period type:
- Balance Forward option after each annual close to prepare for the next year's processing.
- Year-End Adjustment option to summarize year-end adjustments.
- Period option to supply the range of periods that you want to summarize.
- Click the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
- Click the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of the submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success’.
- Once the Run Status reaches ‘Success’, click the Go back to Build Summary Ledger button.
- Click the Report Manager link.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click the report Description link to access the Build Summary Ledger Report Detail log.
- Click the Build Summary Ledger Report file name to launch the report results.
- Verify that the Summary Ledger(s) were processed.