Posting Journals 03a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for posting journals to the General Ledger in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Staff
Perform this procedure when you are ready to post journals to the General Ledger.
Prerequisite: Before you post journals to the General Ledger, you must mark them for posting. Marking journals for posting indicates that the journal entries should be included in any posting requests that are pending. You can exclude certain journals from posting until you review and approve them.
Navigation: Main Menu > General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Mark Journals for Posting
Marking Journal Entries
The Mark Journals for Posting page enables you to select the journals for subsequent posting.
- Select or enter search criteria for the following required fields:
- Unit (business unit)
- Ledger Group
- Year (accounting year)
- Enter additional search criteria as needed.
Note: You can use a wildcard (%) in the Unit, Source, and Journal ID fields to return all values.
- Click the Search button.
- In the Select Journals to Post grid, mark the desired journals for posting.
- Click the Post Selected Journals link.
- Click the OK button to acknowledge the message that you are sure that you want to post this journal.
- Select the Skip Open Item Reconciliation checkbox to postpone closing the open items and to skip item reconciliation until after the journal is posted. Selecting this option can save time during journal posting.
Note: You can run the Open Item Reconciliation process (GLPPOITM) separately at a later time.
- Click the Run button
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
Note: You can leave the Server Name field blank.
- Click the OK button.
Note: A process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’