Processing Year-End Close - 3c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to Process Year-End Close in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff
Processing Year-End Close
Navigation: Main Menu General Ledger Close Ledgers Request Ledger Close
- Under the Find an Existing Value tab, click the Search button and choose the appropriate Run Control ID.
- Or enter the appropriate Run Control ID under the Add a New Value tab, then click the Add button.
- Enter the Process Frequency in the Process Frequency group box on the Ledger Close Request page.
- Use the Close Request Type field to specify whether you are running a Close or Undo process.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Business Unit for Prompting field.
- Select the Closing Group by using the Look Up tool.
- Enter the year to be closed into the Fiscal Year field.
- Use the Check only, Do not process option to perform validation checking during the close. The system will not calculate retained earnings or balance forward amounts. Click the Check only, Do not process option.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Ledger Group field.
- Enter the specific ledger process into the Ledger field.
- Click the As of Date option in the Closing Date Option box to specify the date for the closing process.
- Use the Specify field to enter the closing As of Date for the closing process. Enter desired information into the Specify field.
- Once the Closing Group (6) information has been entered, the Rules to Execute link appears. Click the Rules to Execute link.
- The Closing Rules to Execute page appears. Here you can select or deselect individual closing rules within the closing process group (in sequence only) to include or exclude when running the closing process. Click the OK button.
- Use the Selections area to select the Business Units to Close. You can specify selected business units or you can use trees to identify which business units you want to close. If you select the Selected Detail Values option, you can enter a specific business unit value, or values, in the Business Unit to Close area. If you select the Detail-Selected Parents option, you can enter a Tree SetID, a Tree and a parent node Level of units to process for closing.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Select Value field under the Business Units to Close section.
- Click the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format. You must select a Server Name to identify the server on which the process will run. If you use the same Run Control ID for subsequent processes, the server name that you last used will default in this field. Click the OK button.
- Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status. Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
- The Run Status may be Queued, Initiated or Processing. Click the Refresh button until the Run Status reads Success.
- Once the Run Status field shows Success, you know that the closing check was successful and you can return to the Request Ledger Close page. Click the Go back to Request Ledger Close link.
- Since the check only process was successful, the year-end close needs to process now. Deselect the check box. Click the Check only, Do not process option.
- Click the Run button, then the Ok button on the Process Scheduler Request page.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- The Run Status may be Queued, Initiated or Processing. Click the Refresh button until the Run Status reads Success. Once the status is Success, the year-end close process has been successful.