Viewing ChartField Definitions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to view ChartField definitions in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff
Viewing Chartfield Definitions
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > Define Values > ChartField Values
- Use the ChartField Values page to select the ChartField and corresponding values that you want to view or modify.
- Click the Account menu.
- Enter appropriate information into the ID field on the Account page.
- Click the Search button.
- The Account page enables you to add, view and enter the details of individual Account values.
- Use the Effective Date field to enter the date on which the ChartField value is valid. Using a date in the distant past ensures that the value is available.
- Use the Status field to define the ChartField as Active or Inactive.
- Use the VAT Account Flag field to indicate the relation to VAT process for the account.
- Click the ChartField Values menu to navigate to a different ChartField.
- Click the Department menu.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Department field.
- Click the Search or Add button.
- The Department page enables you to add, view and modify Department ChartField values.
- Use the Effective Date field to enter the date on which this ChartField value is valid. Using a date in the distant past ensures that the value will be available for any record requiring this ChartField value.
- Use the Status field to define the ChartField value as Active or Inactive.
- You can select the payroll company to which this department belongs and into which the department reports. The system uses the payroll company to calculate worker compensation.
- Select the Budgetary Only check box if the department value is to be used for budgetary purposes only. The department value then became unavailable for recording actual transaction entries.
- Process complete.