Reviewing Financial Information in General Ledger
Purpose: Use this document to navigate to and review financial information in General Ledger.
Audience: Finance Staff/Administrators
Navigation: Main Menu > General Ledger> Review Financial Information > Ledger
Overview: in the General Ledger module there are several ways to create and review reports. The following allows for cumulative totals based on a selected criteria. It also has detail drill down capability.
- Enter a new Run ID or search for an existing Run ID.
- Select the Search button.
- Select Search Criteria.
- Fill out Unit, Ledger, Fiscal Year, and From and To Period.
- In the Chartfield criteria the selection of up to fourteen criteria can be used. (Note to the right is the adjustment periods which can be added to the search).
- Select Save.
- Select Search.
- Scroll to the right to find the total. (The cumulative total for the criteria requested is located at the bottom).
To the left is the Detail link for drilling down.
- Select the Detail hyperlink.
- Select the Activity hyperlink to further drill down.
- Select the Journal ID to further drill down to the original document.
Summary: the General Ledger Review Financial Information can be used for cumulative totals of selected criteria, or for drilling down to specific detail.