Submitting a Grant Proposal - 31f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for submitting a grant proposal in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
Navigation: Main Menu > Grants > Proposals > Submit Proposal
Submitting a Grant Proposal
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab of the Maintain Proposal page to search for a proposal:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the proposal number in the Proposal ID field.
- Enter or select the version in the Version ID field.
- Click the Search button.
Note: Remember, the proposal must be in at least a ‘Draft’ status to be eligible for submission.
- Use the Submission page to prepare the current version of the grant proposal for submission.
- Use the Submit Status drop down field to select the ‘Submitted’ option.
Note: After a proposal version is marked as Submitted, proposal information for that version can no longer be modified. To make any modifications to a proposal after it has been submitted, create a new version of the proposal.
- Enter or select the appropriate date in the Received field.
- Use the Transmission By drop-down field to select the appropriate method used to submit the grant proposal.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Sponsor Proposal ID field, i.e. sponsor user ID, EMPL ID, name, etc.
- Enter or select the appropriate location in the Location field.
- Click the Save button.
Note: The date and time stamp now appears to the right of the Submitted On field.
- Click the Official tab.
- Use the Official page to store information regarding officials for a proposal submission. This is separate from the proposal pages to enable different security to operate for institution officials.
Use the Approvers section to enter the officials who are authorized to approve the submission of the proposal. Officials are mapped to the proposal forms based on their official type. These officials come from the Institution Contacts page. Authorized officials can approve and sign the proposal. The IDs are prompted from a control table that contains authorized officials within the institution.
- Select the Submit for Approval checkbox to indicate the proposal has been submitted for external approval.
Note: The system does not enforce this check.
- Enter or select the appropriate Administrative, Financial, and Signing Official– Select the officials who should approve the submission of the proposal. Officials are mapped to the proposal forms based on official type. These officials come from the Institution Contacts page. Authorized officials can approve and sign the proposal. Their IDs are prompted from a control table that contains authorized officials within the institution. The operator ID must match that of the signing official to activate the submission button.
- As appropriate, select the Approved checkbox for each official to approve the proposal.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Return to Maintain Proposal link.
Note: The Proposal Status now indicates ‘Submitted.’