Copying a Proposal - 31f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying an existing proposal’s information into a new proposal in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
Navigation: Main Menu > Grants > Proposals > Copy Proposal
Copying a Proposal
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab of the Maintain Proposal page to search for a proposal:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the proposal number of the existing proposal to copy from in the Proposal ID field.
- Enter or select the version in the Version ID field.
- Click the Search button.
- Use the Copy Proposal page to provide the details for the new proposal:
- In the Header section, the From Proposal field has the proposal id entered in the initial search criteria and the To Proposal field has the word ‘NEXT’ in it to allow the new proposal to become the next available Proposal ID.
- Also in the Header section, enter or select the date the new proposal is set to begin in the To Start Date field.
- In the Project section, leave ‘NEXT’ in the To Project ID field to allow the system to assign the next sequential number upon clicking the Copy button.
- Select (or deselect) the Project and Budget checkboxes to include (or not include) them in the copy process for the new Proposal.
Note: Ensure that at least one project has a check mark. Also, one project has to have the Primary Project checkbox marked.
- In the Budget section, make sure that at least one Budget ID is selected to be copied for each project. The To Budget ID field should have the same value as the From Budget ID field.
- In the Budget Period section, enter or select the date the new budget period is set to begin in the To Start Date field.
Note: The To Start Date on the budget period section and can be no earlier than the To Start Date given to the proposal.
- Also in the Budget Period section, enter or select the date for the end of the proposal budget period in the To End Date field.
- Click the Copy button.
- A new proposal has been created with a new Proposal number and Project IDs. All fields on the new Proposal page appear by default from the Proposal that was copied except the values that were changed on the Copy Proposal page.