Establishing an Award Budget - 31f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for establishing an award budget in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
Navigation: Main Menu > Grants > Awards > Project Budgets
Managing an Award Budget
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab of the Project Budgets page to search for a Project Budget:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the project number in the Project field.
Note: The project number is located on the Award Profile Associated Project page.
- Enter or select the budget period in the Budget Period field.
- Use the Budget Type drop-down button to select the ‘Cost Budget’ option.
- Click the Search button.
- Use General tab of the Budget Detail page to enter the award ChartField account information:
- Enter or select the appropriate operating unit in the Operating Unit field for each budget line.
- Enter or select the appropriate fund in the Fund Code field for each budget line.
- Enter or select the appropriate class in the Class Field for each budget line.
- Enter or select the appropriate state purpose in the State Purpose field for each budget line.
- If the project activity has not been assigned, enter or select the project activity in the Activity field for each budget line.
- Click the Project Detail tab.
- Use Project Detail tab of the Budget Detail page to specify the values for the project-related fields for the Grants budget rows that are displayed.
- When finished reviewing, click the General Ledger Detail tab.
- Use the General Ledger Detail tab of the Budget Detail page to specify the General Ledger ChartField values for the Grants budget rows that are displayed. When the system creates budget journals, it books the budget row amounts to the specified ChartFields.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Finalize button. The system finalizes the plan by picking up the rows only for a budget period and not the entire plan, as in Project Costing.
- Click the OK button.
- Click theProcess Monitorlink.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’