Creating a Grant Proposal (Reimbursable)- 31
Purpose: Use this document to create a reimbursable grant proposal in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Grants Manager
A proposal in the Grants module consists of the required demographic information and the proposal budget.
Grant Managers will use the proposal header and associated pages to capture the basic information about the proposal.
Navigation: Main Menu > Grants > Proposals > Maintain Proposal
- On the Add a New Value tab, enter valid value in the Proposal ID field.
- Click Add.
- On the Proposal tab, enter valid values.
- Notice that after you build a period that the button is now grayed out.
- Periods can be on anytime frame that you designate.
- Example: you might want a Period for each year of the Grant or you could have a period be for each quarter.
Proposal tab with the grayed out Build Period button shown.
- On the Project tab, enter valid values shown below.
NOTE: Notice that the Project ID and the Proposal ID will auto populate after the proposal has been complete and saved. The F&A department field are always set to the same department number (Department 98219 was the department number chosen by the SBCTC).
- On the Budgets tab, enter valid values as shown below. (The Budget ID will also be your activity)
- Click on the Location hyperlink at the bottom of the page.
- On the Locations tab, enter valid values in required fields. (The Location is the location that the grant is taking place).
- Click Save.
Once your Proposal is saved, the Proposal and Project number will auto populate.
**Tip** the Proposal ID will become your contract number once you generate the award.
- On the Budget tab, click on the F&A and Pricing Set Up hyperlink.
Notice the Pricing Method is “As Incurred” this confirms that it is a cost reimbursable contract. If you do not select the pricing method or you skip the F&A section completely, the Grant will default to a Cost reimbursable billing method.
You can now begin to enter in your proposed budget.
The “1” hyperlink will take you to the Budget Detail page.
As you complete the budget Items, notice that the Sponsor F&A is being calculated based on the percentage that was entered.
Notice that the Sponsor F&A is being calculated based on the percentage that was entered.
After review, click Save.
Navigation: Main Menu > Grants > Proposals > Submit Proposal
Next you will need to “Submit” the Proposal. When a Proposal has a status of “submitted” you can no longer modify the Proposal. You can only make changes when the proposal is in the “draft” status.
**TIP**to change the proposal back into a draft status so you can make edits, go back to the Submit Proposal Menu and change the submit status back to “Not Submitted.” You can change this status until you Generate the Award.
- On the Submission tab, enter valid values.
- Click Save.
Notice that the proposal is now at a "Submitted" status and not a "Draft" status
You have now successfully created a Reimbursable Grant Proposal.