Modifying a Project Budget - 31
Purpose: Use this document to modify a project budget in ctcLink.
NOTE: This is for a Project that is NOT attached to a Grant. At times after a Project is awarded a budget modifications is needed.
The budget modification needs to be completed within the Project Costing Module as to keep the Project and Commitment Control in synch.
Therefore it is NOT suggested to modify the budget within the Commitment Control Module.
Navigation: Main Menu > Project Costing > Budgeting > Budget Detail
- On the Find an Existing Value tab, enter valid value for Business Unit and Project.
- Select Search.
- Select the Budget Items icon.
- Select the the Adjust by Amount in the Spread Option.
- Add an additional line.
- Enter the desired Budget Item.
- Select the Distribute Budget button.
- Select OK to return to the Budget Detail screen. (Notice that the Budget is still not eligible for finalization).
- Select the Even Spread button.
You will now notice the Budget is eligible for finalization.
- Select Save.
- Select Budget Plan hyperlink to return to Budget Plan.
- Select Finalize tab.
- Select Finalize button.
END OF PROCEDURE