Activating a Fixed Fee Contract - 31
Purpose: Use this document to have a bill from a contract activated in ctcLink.
- In order to bill from a contract you must first activate the contract.
- A Fixed Fee contract creates a contract line for every project in the award.
Navigation: Customer Contracts > Create and Amend > General Information
The General Information (Find an Existing Value) page is displayed.
- Enter valid values in the Business Unit field and the Award number given when the Award was generated.
- Select Search.
The General pages is displayed.
- Select the Lines tab.
The Lines page is displayed.
- Select the Detail tab (under Contract Lines).
The Detail page is displayed.
- Select the Pending hyperlink (under Billing Plan)
Award Bill Plan
The Billing Plan General page is displayed.
- Verify the information is correct.
- For Fixed Fee Contracts, enter events with the appropriate dates and amounts.
- Select the Events tab.
Setting Award Events
The Events page is displayed.
- Select the + sign to add rows. Add the number of rows needed as per how many invoices or events that you need.
- Enter the event date and time that you want to invoice this contract. *NOTICE that when the event status is "Pending" the fields are able to be edited.
- Select Save, the Amount detail changes.
- Select the Return to General Information link.
The (Contract) Lines page is displayed.
- Select the Detail tab.
The (Contract) Detail page is displayed.
- Select the Accounting Distribution hyperlink.
The Accounting Distribution page is displayed.
- Enter valid values in the account, Operating Unit, Fund, Department, Class, Project, and State Purpose in the Revenue section. (You may need to scroll screen to the right to see all fields).
- Select Save.
You will receive the following message:
You will also notice that the Revenue and the Unbilled AR lines will now be marked as Valid.
- Select the Return to General Information hyperlink.
- In Contract Status, select ACTIVE. (Select the magnifying glass icon to select from list).
- Select Save.