Copying a Proposal Version
Purpose: Use this document to copy a proposal version in ctcLink.
Navigation: Main Menu > Grants > Proposal > Copy Proposal Version
- On the Find an Existing Value tab of the Copy Proposal Version page, search for proposal.
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the proposal number in the Proposal ID field.
- Enter or select the version in the Version ID field.
- Select Search.
- NOTE: The (To) Proposal ID field remains the same but the To Version field has been populated with Next.
- Upon copying, the next sequential number will be assigned to the new Proposal Version.
- Select or (unselect) the Project and Budget checkboxes to include (or do not include as appropriate) them in the copy process to the new Proposal Version.
NOTE: One Project on the Proposal must be marked as the Primary Project.
- Select the Copy button.
By default, the target proposal has the same dates as the source proposal from which it is copied, change the start and end dates on the target proposal, if necessary.
NOTE: The projects that are attached to the source proposal copy to the new proposal version.
NOTE: If the dates are not changed, a mirror copy of the source proposal will be produced. If the dates are changed during a copy process, all of the detail rows under each period will be assigned the dates that were entered for the period on the copy page.
Note: The To Version field now indicates the copied Proposal Version exists.
Notice that you have two versions of the Proposal.