Managing Project Cost Budgets - 31f
Managing PC Budgets
Navigation: Project Costing > Budgeting > Budget Plan > Add a New Value
Enter the following information into the required fields:
- Business Unit: Defaults-accept default value. (The value defaults from your User setup. You can change if you have access to multiple Business Units).
- Project: Enter or use look up icon to select a valid Project ID. (For this activity, select the Project ID you created in Step 1 - Creating a Project).
- Select Add.
Use the Budget Plan page to create Project Plan Budget. Enter information in the following required fields:
- Description: Enter the desired information. (Max 25 characters).
- Select the Budget Details button.
- Select the Budget Items icon in the Project Budget Details section.
Enter the following information:
- Project Budget Item: Enter or use the look up Budget Item button to select valid value from the list.
- Spread Option: click the drop down button in the Select Spread field and select Adjust by Amount.
- Budget Adjustment: Enter a dollar amount for the Budget Item.
- Select the Distribute Budget button.
The system will display this message:
- Select Yes.
- Select OK to return to the Budget Detail page.
- In the Budget Item row, click the Select Spread drop down button and select Even Spread.
- Select Save.
The system spread evenly the amount across the periods and update page from "Budget not eligible for finalization" to "Budget eligible for finalization"
- Select the Return to Budget Plan link.
- Select the Finalize tab and then select the Finalize button.
- The system displays a Message confirming the Finalization process was initiated.
- Select OK to continue.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
- Select the Refresh button as needed to verify Run Status Success.