Creating a Project - 31f
Creating a Project
Purpose: Use this document in order of steps to create a project in ctcLink.
This process is sequential - It is very important to complete these tasks in the order of steps shown below.
Navigation: Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information > Add a New Value
Enter information in the following required fields:
- Business Unit
- Project: NEXT (Accept default value - DO NOT CHANGE; the system will use this value to auto numbering upon saving new projects).
- Create: Blank Project (Accept default value - DO NOT CHANGE. The Create drop down menu contains additional options: Project form Copy; Project from Microsoft Project; Project form Template; Project Template).
- Select Add.
Enter the information in the following required fields:
- Descriptions: Enter a description for the new project. (Max 30 characters).
- Integration: Enter or use the look up icon to select a valid value.
- Project Type: Enter or use the look up icon to select a valid value. (Optional input used for reporting purposes).
- Project Status: O (Open) - Accept this default value.
- Start Date: MM/DD/YYYY - Enter the date the project is scheduled to begin. (The start date cannot be after the start date of any activity).
- End Date: MM/DD/YYYY - Enter the date the project ends. (The end date cannot be prior to the end date of a project activity).
- Select Save.
Notice that upon saving, the system creates a new project and assigns a Project ID.
- Select the Location tab.
- Use the Location Code to identify the facility where the project is based.
- Enter or click the look up icon for Location Code and select a valid location code from the list.
- Select Save.