Project Activities - 31f
Purpose: Use this document to create a project activity in ctcLink.
Creating a Project Activity
Navigation: Project Costing > Activity Definitions > Project Activities
Enter information in the following required fields:
- Business Unit: Defaults - accept Default Value (The value defaults from your User setup. You can change if if you have access to multiple Business Units).
- Project: Enter or use the look up icon to select a valid Project ID. (For this activity, select the Project ID you created in Step 1 - Creating a Project).
- Select Search.
Use the Project Activity page to create an activity and assign it to a project. Enter information in the following required fields:
- Activity Name: Enter the desired information. (Max 20 characters)
- Activity: NEXT (You can accept this default and allow the system to use auto-numbering to assign the next available activity number OR you can enter a 5 character long code).
- Start Date: Defaults from the Project Start Date. (The activity start date can be changed to a later date. This date cannot be earlier than the Project Start Date).
- Select the Details tab.
- Activity Type: Enter or use the look up icon to select a valid value from the list.
- Activity Owner: Optional (You can associate a Team Member as Activity Owner or leave blank).
- Processing Status: Active - accept the default value. (This field also delivers an Inactive status to allow users to inactivate an activity).
- Select Save.