Creating a Requisition - 4a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating requisitions in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink faculty and staff with a need to purchase goods or services.
Create a requisition to initiate the purchase of work-related goods or services. Once created, a requisition must be approved and then processed by the purchasing department.
- Submitting a purchasing requisition requires security (administered locally at each district).
- The requisition process contains many optional fields. Your purchasing department may communicate additional needs based on local business practice.
Navigation: Main Menu > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
Create and Submit a Purchasing Requisition
- On the Requisitions page, click the Add a New Value tab to add a new value.
- If it didn’t default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Leave the default value of NEXT in the Requisition ID field. This will insure that a unique Requisition ID is assigned by the system.
- Click the Add button.
- On the Maintain Requisitions page, complete the following:
- Enter a Requisition Name. Unless local business practice dictates otherwise, simply enter something that will help you identify this particular requisition.
- If necessary, make adjustment to the required information (designated by an asterisk) in the Header section. Most of these fields will prefill with an appropriate value.
- The Requester field will prefill with your own Requester ID. If you are submitting this requisition on behalf of another, select the lookup and choose their Requester ID. Note that doing so will require that you have appropriate security and that the other party has also been approved to create requisitions.
- The Requisition Date reflects when the requisition was created.
- The Origin field will prefill and should not be changed. ONL identifies the requisition as created online.
- Currency Code will prefill and should not be changed.
- The Accounting Date will prefill with the current date and should not be changed by a requester.
- To (optionally) add comments and/or attach documents that apply to the requisition as a whole (rather than to a particular requisition line), click Add Comments in the Header section.
- Use the Comments section to enter comments:
- Type your comment in the Comment box.
- Select comment options:
- Select Send to Supplier if you would like the comment to be copied onto the resulting purchase order.
- Select Show at Voucher to include the comment on any resulting payment voucher.
- Select Show at Receipt to include the comment on any resulting receipt.
- Select Approval Justification to include the comment on approval forms.
- To (optionally) attach a document:
- Click the Attach button.
- Click Browse and select a file from your hard drive.
- Click Upload.
- When you have finished entering comments and adding attachments, click the OK button.
- For each unique item for purchase, create a requisition line:
- EITHER enter or select an Item for purchase OR enter or select an item Description and a Category.
- Enter a Quantity (the number of that particular item you wish to purchase).
- Enter a UOM (unit of measure). EA for each is very common.
- If you selected an item, the item Category is prefilled for you. Otherwise (if you entered a description but did not select an item) you must select a Category.
- If you wish, enter the expectedPrice of the item (per unit). You can also leave a zero value.
- (optionally) Click Line Comments to enter comments and/or attach documents related to this particular requisition line. They behave just like the header comments and attachments. Line-level comments can be very useful for entering lengthy descriptions, URLs, and attaching quotes etc.
- Click the Schedule icon.
- On the Schedule page, complete/update the following:
- Make sure that the Ship To location is correct.
- If you wish, enter an expectedDue Date.
Note: If you need to ship portions of one requisition line to two or more locations, you can add additional Schedule lines by clicking the Add multiple new rows buttonat the end of any row. You can then specify the Quantity to ship to each location.
- Click Distribution
- Your local purchasing department will communicate what (if anything at all) they expect you to complete on the Distribution page. Some possibilities include:
- Enter values to specify the Account and Department etc. you would like to charge.
- Enter multiple Distribution lines to charge multiple accounts or departments.
- Use a Speed Chart to select pre-defined accounting.
- Use the Asset Information tab to associate the item with an Asset Profile.
- Click OK to return to the Schedule page.
- Click Return to Main Page (a link near the top of the Schedule page).
- Continue to add additional requisition lines as needed by clicking the Add multiple new rows button at the end of any existing line.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Save button.
Note: The requisition has been assigned a unique Requisition ID that can be used to identify it.
- When you are satisfied with the requisition, submit it for approval by clicking the Submit for Approval button. (Green Check Box).
- The Status of the Requisition will change from ‘Open’ to ‘Pending’ (approval).