Copying a Requisition - 4a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying a requisition in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink faculty and staff with a need to purchase goods or services.
One of the easiest ways to create a new purchasing requisition in ctcLink is to copy an existing one. You can select an existing requisition to copy regardless of its status.
Navigation: Main Menu > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
Copy a Requisition
- Use the Add a New Value tab on the Requisitions page to add a new value.
- If it didn’t populate, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Leave the default value of NEXT in the Requisition ID field.
- Click the Add button.
- Click the Copy From link.
- Use the Header section to enter search criteria to locate a requisition to copy. Some possibilities include:
- Enter or select the Requisition number in the Requisition ID field.
Note: If an entry is made in this field, proceed to click the Search button and make your selection.
- Enter or select a status in the Req Status field.
- To display only those requisitions you created enter or select your name in the Requester Name or Requester field.
- To display only those requisitions for a specific supplier, enter or select the supplier in the Supplier ID or Supplier Name field.
- Enter or select the appropriate department in the Department field.
- Once satisfied with the search criteria, click the Search button.
- The matching requisitions will show below. Select a requisition to copy and click OK.
Note: If you want to preview a requisition before copying it you can click the hyperlinked Requisition ID.
- The requisition lines from the copy source are copied into your new requisition. The header information of your requisition is unaffected.
- Review the requisition line(s) carefully. If you copy a requisition line that has a value for Due Date (for example), it might be several years old. The line might have now-inappropriate comments. It is your responsibility to ensure the validity of the data.
- Add additional lines or remove lines as needed using the Add multiple new rows [ + ] and Delete rows [ - ]buttons at the end of each requisition line.
- When finished updating the new requisition, click the Save button. Note that your requisition has been assigned a unique Requisition ID that can be used to identify it.
- When you are satisfied with the requisition, submit it for approval by clicking the Submit for Approval icon.
- The Status of the Requisition will change from ‘Open’ to ‘Pending’ (approval).