Creating a Purchase Order - 4f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a purchase order inctcLink.
ctcLink Asset Management can interface with other ctcLink products to exchange information efficiently. For example, you can use Purchasing to create a Purchase Order for an asset and later add the asset from the existing Purchase Order and receipt.
Navigation: Main Menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs
Creating a Purchase Order
- Use the Add a New Value tab of the Purchase Order page to enter add a new value.
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Select the Add button.
- Use the Purchase Order page to add purchase order information.
- Enter or select the appropriate supplier in the Supplier ID field.
- Continue to use the Purchase Order page to add purchase order information:
- Enter or select the purchase order item in the Item field.
- Enter the item quantity in the PO Qty field.
- Enter or select the item unit of measure in the UOM field.
- Enter the cost of the asset in the Price field.
- Click the Schedule button.
- Use the Schedules page to specify ship-to locations, quantities, due dates, comments, sales/use tax, miscellaneous charges, price adjustments, and multiple distributions per schedule within a purchase order line.
- Click the Distributions/ChartFields button.
- Use the Schedules page to define ChartFields for each purchase order item.
- Enter or select the operating unit in the Oper Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate department in the Dept field.
- Enter or select the appropriate class in the Class field.
- Enter or select the appropriate fund in the Fund field.
- Enter or select the appropriate purpose in the State Purpose field.
Note: If the PO item is an asset, you would need to click the Asset Information tab and complete the AM Unit and the Profile ID fields as well.
- Enter or select the appropriate business unit in the AM Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate asset profile in the Profile ID field.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Save button.
- Click theReturn to Main Page link.
Note: The PO ID field now has the PO number assignment.
- If it is active, you can use the Dispatch button to print, email, fax, etc. the PO.