Running the Purchase Order Reconcile and Close Process - 4f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to run the purchase order reconcile and close process in ctcLink
Audience: Purchasing Staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Reconcile POs > Close Purchase Orders
You can run this process by searching for an existing Run Control ID or you can add a new value. Creating a Run Control ID that is relevant to the process may help you remember it for future use.
- Click the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Run Control ID field.
- Click the Search button.
The value in the PO Post Run Option list determines which purchase orders are selected for the PO RECON process. Values are:
- 1 Bus Unit: Reconciles all purchase orders within a single business unit. If you select this value, you can enter business unit and ChartField criteria.
- 1 Document: Reconciles a single purchase order within a single business unit. If you select this value, you can enter business unit, purchase order, and ChartField criteria.
- All BUs: Reconciles all purchase orders within all business units. If you select this value, all other fields on the page are unavailable for entry.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Business Unit field.
- Enter PO number in the PO Number field if PO Post Run Option field is "1 Document".
- Use the ChartField Criteria group box to select purchase orders for processing based on ChartField values.
This option is useful if you are using commitment control and want to process purchase orders based on ChartField values.
- The Accounting Date for Action field displays the date that is used to determine the open period or allowable open date range for budget checking a purchase order when you are using commitment control. In addition, regardless of whether you are using commitment control, the system updates the accounting date with this date for the purchase orders that were closed by the reconciliation process.
- Select the Budget Date Equal to Accounting Date check box option.
- Click the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Click the Process PO_POREP check box option.
- Click the OK button.
Notice that the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process that you have run when you check the status.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
- The current status of the process is "Processing". The process is finished when the status is "Success".
- Continue to click the Refresh button until the status is "Success". Click the Refresh button.
- The Run Status is now Success.
- You have successfully run the PO Reconcile and Close process.