Rebuilding Non-Converted Students to the Same College
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for rebuilding Non-Converted students in ctcLink.
Audience: Records office staff
Use the following steps to build a non-converted student's academic record.
- Ask the student to re-apply for admission in order to establish their EMPLID.
- Matriculate the student.
- If the student has already been matriculated or enrolled in PeopleSoft, create a separate program/plan stack.
- Term Activate the student for all terms that they were enrolled in.
- Access the student’s record in the legacy system and send an electronic transcript to your own college.
- Use the Course Credits - Automated page to transfer in the legacy courses.
- If the student had prior transfer credits, rebuild using the Course Credits - Manual page.
- Manually add Academic Standing codes for the rebuilt terms.
- If the student previously earned a degree, update the student’s Degree Data.
- Apply the legacy record Service Indicator.
Main Menu → Student Admissions → Application Maintenance → Maintain Applications
- On the Maintain Applications page, look up the student by ID or name.
- Click the Search button.
- On the page that appears, click the Application Program Data tab.
- Use Correct History to update the Effective Date and Admit term on this page to reflect the start term from the legacy transcript.
- Click the Add Row button in the Program Data area. This will create a new row in the Program Status area.
If you had to back date the application, you will need to backdate the effective date for the Matriculation row as well.
- Select Matriculation (MATR) in the Program Action box. Tab out of the field in order for the Create Program button to display.
- Click the Create Program button. This will matriculate the student.
Prior to completing these steps, connect with the individual on your campus responsible for NSC reporting to ascertain submittal dates. Addition of a new stack mid-term may cause errors if prior submissions have already been certified. Once rebuilding is complete, follow these general guidelines -
- Student did not complete a degree in legacy: discontinue the new stack (see instructions below)
- Student completed a degree in legacy: complete the stack (see Step 8 Update Student Degree Data)
Main Menu > Records & Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Program/Plan
- Enter the student’s Empl ID and click the Search button.
- Determine the next career number to add.
- Click the Add a New Value button.
- ID: reenter the student’s Empl ID if it did not carry over
- Academic Career: select Academic
- Student Career Nbr: enter the next Career Number determined
- Complete the Student Program tab.
- Effective Date: backdate to the first day of the Admit Term entered below
- Program Action: select ACTV
- Academic Institution: select your Institution code
- Academic Program: enter the Academic Program the student was enrolled in legacy
- Admit Term: enter the term the student was originally admitted in legacy (refer to transcript or YRQ Act Strt on SM5001)
- Complete the Student Plan tab.
- Academic Plan: select the Academic Plan equivalent of the legacy EPC the student was enrolled in (refer to Stu Prg Enr on SM5018)
- Click the Save button.
If the student did not complete this degree, discontinue the program/plan stack you created after all rebuilding is complete.
- On the Student Program tab, click the [+] button to add a new effective row.
- Discontinue the stack.
- Effective Date: backdate to the last day of the last term the student was enrolled in legacy (refer to transcript or Last YRQ Attnd on SM5001)
- Program Action: select DISC
- Click the Save button.
Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Student Term Information → Term Activate a Student
- Enter the student ID (e.g. 201016760).
- Click the Search button.
- Select the Academic Career for the program stack just created.
- If the student is already Term Activated in another program for that term, change the student career number to match the program for enrollment in the term, this should match the career and career number from the program stack added above.
Students can only be Term Activated in one program per term, per career. If the student is a Financial Aid recipient, the term activated program should be the program with FA eligibility.
- If the student does not have term Activation from a program in the term:
- Insert a row by clicking the “+” icon.
- Verify the Academic Institution default value.
- Enter or lookup the Term Value.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat for all terms that courses need to be rebuilt for.
- Log into the Legacy system and send the student's transcript to your own school code.
Once requested in the legacy system, the transcript will be sent with the next batch, this will typically happen overnight.
- You can verify that a legacy transcript has been received by looking at the External Education page: Main > Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > External Education
- Find your own school's External Org ID on the External education page and go to the Courses and Degrees tab to view the courses available for transfer.
Before moving on to STEP 5, verify all courses on the legacy transcript were populated in External Ed. If any courses do no appear, click the [+] add button in the External Courses section to add the course data. This may be necessary for repeated courses.
Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Transfer Credit Evaluation → Course Credits - Automated
- Click the Add a New Value tab and Input the student information.
- Click the Add button.
- Academic Program: Enter info
- Credit Source: External
- External Org ID: Enter your own college ID
- Data Source: Enter School
- In the Transfer Credit Term section, add a row for each term in which the classes were taken. The Articulation Term must match with the term on the legacy transcript.
- Click the Fetch button to load the transcript data on the page.
When you click the Fetch button on the articulation term, it will bring in all available courses from the External Education page. Use the "-" button to remove courses that do not apply to the specific articulation term.
- On the Evaluator Details tab, click the Edit Equivalent Course icon.
- On the Equivalent Course Information page, identify the course from the course catalog.
- Change the Grading Basis to GRD. This will print the courses in the same section created for displaying the converted courses which have missing class item number.
- Enter the grade if prompted by the system.
- Enter REXP in the Repeat Code field to exclude the course from the Repeat Checking Process
- Click the OK button.
If rebuilding a record with an I grade that will not be lapsed, the TRN grade basis must be used for this course only. See screenshot below.
Courses with I grade:
- View the accepted courses on the Equivalency Details page.
- If the courses are not found in the course ID look up page, add them to the course catalog and return to this page and complete the steps as listed above. See QRG for adding courses to the course catalog for additional details.
You will repeat these steps for each articulation term until you have brought in all courses from the legacy transcript. Use the "+" sign in the Transfer Credit Term section to add additional articulation terms
- Once all articulation terms have been built, click on the Transfer Summary tab and then first calculate and then post the credits. The post button will gray out and the Model Status will show as Posted once this has been completed.
If the student has transfer credit applied in Legacy, those credits will need to be rebuilt as transfer credit in ctcLink. Since a electronic transcript may not be available in ctcLink for the student from these schools, these credit will need to be rebuilt using the Transfer Credits-Manual page. Refer to the Processing Course Transfer Credits Manually QRG for processing transfer credits manually.
Navigation: Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Student Term Information → Term History
- Select the Academic Standing tab on the Term History page.
- Scroll to find the term to be updated (2nd level blue bar).
- To update the academic standing, requires Correct History mode to overwrite a standing assigned on a previous date or; insert a new effective date for the term by clicking the [+] sign.
- Effective Date: verify or enter.
- Select the Manual Override box.
When you run the Academic Standing process, ctcLink does not calculate academic standing for any records in which this check box is selected.
- Academic Program: Enter or Look Up (optional).
- Academic Standing Action: Enter or Look Up.
- Click the Save button.
Navigation: Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Career and Program Information → Student Program/Plan
- On the Student Program/Plan page, enter a student ID or look up a student by name.
- Click the Search button. If multiple results are returned, select the desired institution or student career number.
- Verify the data on the Student Program and Student Plan tabs. These pages represent the degree being awarded to the student.
- If a Program/Plan is not active for the degree being awarded, a plan change or adding a program stack may be required.
- Click the Include History button.
- Click the [+] to insert a new effective dated row.
- Select COMP as the Program Action.
- Click the Student Degrees tab.
- Degree Checkout Stat: This will display “Approved” and be grayed out.
- Completion Term: Input the term the degree is being awarded
- Degree GPA: Input the degree GPA if that is a part of your college's business practice.
- Degree Honors 1 and 2: Input or Look Up Honors codes if applicable.
- Click the Update Degrees button. The record will display a degree awarded confirmation and will automatically save. Further edits will require a user to Revoke the degree or make updates on the Student Degree page.
After you have completed this process, pull the student's transcript to verify that all records display as desired. Refer to the Viewing and Printing a Student Transcript QRG for how to pull a student transcript.
Navigation: Main Menu → Campus Community → Service Indicators (Student) → Manage Service Indicators
- Enter the student’s emplID and select the Search button.
- Select the Add Service Indicator link.
- Enter Service Indicator details:
- Institution: enter or select Institution code
- Service Indicator Code: enter or select S01
Service Ind Reason Code: enter or select the applicable reason
- RBLT - for use after legacy record has been rebuilt
- NRBLT - for use if legacy rebuild is not required for this student
- Description: allow to default
- Enter Effective Period details:
- Start Term: optional
- Start Date: enter or select a start date
- End Term: optional
- End Date: optional
- Enter applicable Comments.
- Select the Apply button.