Defining Student Enrollment Blocks 21h
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for defining student enrollment blocks in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records Staff
Use the Block Enrollment Students page to define groups of students for block enrollment purposes. ctcLink merges blocks of students with blocks of classes using the Block Enrollment component.
Navigation: Main Menu > Records and Enrollment > Enroll Students > Block Enrollment > Create Student Block
Defining student enrollment blocks
- To modify an existing block, search on the Find an Existing Value tab.
- To create a new student block, click the Add a New Value tab.
a. Enter the Academic Institution (e.g. WA171 for Spokane Community College).
b. Create a short name for in the Student Enrollment Block field (e.g. STBL4).
c. Click the Add button.
- Enter a description for the student block in the Description field (e.g. 171 2147 Student Block 4) on the Block Enrollment Students page.
- Define the Student Block with one of the following options.
OPTION 1: Enter the list of students manually by entering the ID and career of each student. Click the + to insert new rows to add new students.
OPTION 2: Check the Population Selection checkbox. This will allow selection from a Query or External File. Please note the record SSR_ENR_BLK_BND needs to be a part of the query in order to be selectable from this list. Contact ctcLink system support person for assistance with ctcLink query.
OPTION 3: External file load. This requires access to map a file from a specified server. Contact ctcLink system support for assistance with this process.
- Click the Save button.For previously defined student enrollment blocks, the Block Enroll Merge page can be accessed with the Add Merge Process link at the bottom of this page.