Maintaining Student's Academic Program
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for Maintaining Academic Programs in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records Staff
Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Career and Program Information → Student Program/Plan
- On the Student Program/Plan page, enter the appropriate search criteria.
- Click the Search button.
- If multiple records are returned, select the appropriate student ID.
- A student may return multiple program rows in the Search. If so, select the appropriate record by confirming the appropriate Student Career Nbr, Academic Career and Program.
- On the Student Program tab, actions can be taken on the student program record. Individual institutions will vary on the use of specific codes. Refer to the table included at the end of this document and local business process for guidelines on these actions.
- To take an action on a program record, click the plus sign on the top right of the page.
a. All new rows are effective dated, and may need to be back dated or future dated based on subsequent actions on that record in the system.
b. To update information on other tabs, a row needs to be added to the Student Program tab with the appropriate program action. Adding a row on this tab will insert a new effective dated row for all tabs.
Note: It is best practice to click the Include History button before inserting a row on this page.
c. To delete an academic row, click the minus sign on the top right of the page.
o Correct History access is required to remove a row. This is not common and caution should be taken in deleting historical data.
Note: The Program/Plan page has connections to Student Financials and Student Financial Aid, any changes on this page can impact other functional areas.
7.The Student Plan tab is used to update the Academic plan code.
a. Changes made on the Student Plan tab require creation of a new row on the Student Program tab with a PLNC (Plan Change program action code).
i. To change an academic plan, overwrite the existing code on the student plan tab.
ii. To add an academic plan, click the + sign on the Student Plan tab.
iii. To delete an academic plan, click the minus sign to the right of the row on the student plan tab.
- Student Sub-Plan tab is not currently being used.
- There is a separate QRG for updating Student Attributes.
- The Student Degrees tab is only used for program completion, see the QRG for Awarding a student degree
- Click the Save button.