Adding a Program Stack Bypassing Admissions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for performing quick program activation in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff
Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Career and Program Information → Student Program/Plan
This process adds a program stack to a student’s record. Please note that this bypasses the admissions module and no admissions data will be available for this program stack on this student’s record.
- On the Student Program/Plan page, click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the student ID.
- Select the appropriate Academic Career from the drop down list.
- Enter a Student Career Nbr (number) higher than the previous program stack.
- Click the Add button.
- On the Student Program tab, enter the required information.
a. Effective Date: date this Program Stack will become effective.
b. Program Action: enter ACTV.
c. Action Reason: leave Blank.
d. Academic Institution: appropriate institution code.
e. Academic Program: enter or lookup the program code.
f. Admit Term: enter or lookup the start term for this program.
Note: This should be in sync with the effective date for the program selected above.
g. Requirement Term: enter or lookup the catalog term the student will follow.
h. Campus: enter the appropriate campus (e.g. Main).
i. Expected Grad Term: enter or lookup the projected graduation term.
j. Leave the default values for the remaining fields.
- On the Student Plan tab, enter the required information.
a. Academic Plan: Enter or select.
b. Remaining fields will default to match the data entered on the Student Program tab but can be adjusted if required.
- Click the Save button.
Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Student Term Information → Term Activate a Student
- Enter the student ID (e.g. 201016760).
- Click the Search button.
- Select the Academic Career for the program stack just created.
- If the student is already Term Activated in another program for that term, change the student career number to match the program for enrollment in the term, this should match the career and career number from the program stack added above.
Note: Students can only be Term Activated in one program per term, per career. If the student is a Financial Aid recipient, the term activated program should be the program with FA eligibility.
- If the student does not have term Activation from a program in the term:
a. Insert a row by clicking the “+” icon.
b. Verify the Academic Institution default value.
c. Enter or lookup the Term Value.
d. The Eligible to Enroll checkbox will default to checked as long as the program and associated dates and terms have been correctly entered. This allows students to enroll via self-service.
- Click the Save button.