Awarding a Student Degree 21t
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for awarding a student degree data in ctcLink.
Audience: All Staff
Navigation: Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Career and Program Information → Student Program/Plan
- On the Student Program/Plan page, enter a student ID or look up a student by name.
- Click the Search button. If multiple results are returned, select the desired institution or student career number.
- Verify the data on the Student Program and Student Plan tabs. These pages represent the degree being awarded to the student. Refer to local business practice regarding degree evaluation processes.
- Change the *Effective Date to the last day of the graduation term.
*Note: The *Effective Date should not be any other day than the last day of the term.
- Click the Include History button.
- Click the [+] to insert a new effective dated row.
- Select COMP as the Program Action.
- Click the Student Degrees tab.
a. Degree Checkout Stat: This will display “Approved” and be grayed out.
b. Completion Term: Input the term the degree is being awarded
c. Degree GPA: Input the degree GPA if that is a part of your college's business practice.
d. Degree Honors 1 and 2: Input or Look Up Honors codes if applicable.
- Click the Update Degrees button. The record will display a degree awarded confirmation and will automatically save. Further edits will require a user to Revoke the degree or make updates on the Student Degree page.