Assigning a Student to an Advisor
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for assigning an advisor to an individual student in ctcLink.
Audience: Advisement Staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Records and Enrollment > Student Background Information > Student Advisor
Advisors must be set up in the Instructor/Advisor table prior to being able to assign them to a student
- On the Student Advisor search page, input the student ID or Name.
- Select the Search button.
- On the Student Advisor page, enter information into the following fields:
- Academic Institution: Input or Look Up
- Advisor Role: Advisor
- Academic Career: Input or Look Up
- Academic Program: Input or Look Up
- Academic Plan: Input or Look Up (optional)
- Academic Advisor: Input or Look Up
- Click the Save button.
Once the student is assigned, they will be viewable on the Advisor's My Advisee's list in the Advisor Center. If the program plan stack is Complete or Discontinued, the student will no longer appear on the Advisor's list.