Batch Assigning Student Groups 21L
Purpose: Use this to complete the sequential step by step process for bulk assigning student groups
Audience: Student Records Staff
To Batch Assigning Student Groups
Navigation: Main Menu > Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Process Student Groups
- Navigate to Process Student Groups.
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or Add a New Value using the Add a New Value tab.
- If creating a new Run Control, enter a name and click ADD.
Complete the Population Selection
- Select PS Query from the Selection Tool dropdown.
- Select the query to use in the Query Name field (Note: Queries used for this process must have the STDNT_GRP_BIND record)
- Some queries may require you to input prompt values, click Edit Prompts to add prompt values.
Complete the Student Group Data
- Fill out the Academic Institution, Student Group, Effective Date, and Effective Status for the student group you are processing. (NOTE: Comment can be left blank if wished. If the comment is included it will appear in the comments section on the assigned student group).
- Click the Run button.
It is best practice to put your effective date prior to the start of the first term to witch it applies
Here is an example of where the comment would appear on the assigned student group
- Select the SCC_STD_GRP process and click the OK button.