Adding, Updating and Viewing Student Groups 11L
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add and update student groups table in ctcLink
Audience: Student Services Staff
Navigation: Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Career and Program Information → Student Groups
Student groups are used for several functions in CTC Link. Some student groups are informational, so that users can identify specific student characteristics. Other Student Groups are attached to functions like financial waivers. Users must have row level security to view or update Student Groups, please contact your security administrator if you need view or update access to a specific student group code.
Adding a Student Group
- Look Up Student by ID or Name.
- If a student group has already been assigned click the [+] sign to add a new student group code.
- Input the following information
- Academic Institution: Input or Look Up
- Student Group: Input or Look Up the Code
- Effective Date: Input the date this student group needs to be active
- Status: When entering a student group this will default to Active
- Students may have multiple student group codes, click View All or scroll to view the groups assigned to a student.
Inactivating a Student Group
- On the Student Groups page, add a [+] under the 2nd blue bar.
- Effective Date: Input the date for the status change for the student group
Note: This can be backward or forward dated. Status: Select Inactive from the drop down
Viewing Students by Student Group
Navigation: Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Career and Program Information → Student Groups by Student
- Institution: Input or Look Up
- Student Group: Input or Look Up
- Description (optional): Search student group by description
Select Effective Dates:
- All: Returns all student groups and displays all effective-dated rows for each group.
- Most Current (Any Status): Returns all student groups and displays only the most current effective-dated row, regardless of status.
- Most Current Active: Displays the most current active student group row.
- Most Current Inactive: Displays the most current inactive status student group row.
- No Range Selection: Pulls all reords
- Select Emplid Range: Displays the ID From and ID To fields.
- Select Last Name Range: Displays the Last Name From and Last Name To fields.
- Click the Get Results button.