Creating a New Waiver 27a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create a new waiver in ctcLink
Audience: Student Financials staff.
Set Up Waiver Item Types
Navigation: Main Menu > Setup SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Item Types > Item Types
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the SetID and new Item Type number. (Refer to the tree manager/viewer as a reference of where each item type should fit).
- Enter the Effective Date, Description, and Short Desc.
- Check mark GL Interface Required if this waiver feeds over to the general ledger.
- Select Waiver from the classification.
- Select Run Date from the Accounting Date Control drop down list.
- Click on the Amounts Edits tab.
- Select the Do not Offset Reported Tuition checkbox if the waiver should be excluded from 1098-T calculations.
- Select or enter the following on the Miscellaneous tab:
- Charge Priority List
- Payment Overall Priority
- Payment Priority Flag and Priority
- Pick up Receivable from Charge checkbox
- Enter the SetID and applicable Account Types under the Account Types tab.
- Enter any GL Interface information on the GLInterface tab if you checked GL Interface Required from the first tab. *NOTE: to add additional debit and credit chart field information, click the (+) add button under Item Type GL Entry Setup-Journal Sets.
Navigation: Main Menu > Setup SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > Criteria
- Enter the Business Unit and name of the new criteria.
- Click the Add a New Value tab
- Enter the Effective Date, Description, and Long Description.
- Select Trigger Criteria from the Criteria Type dropdown.
- Click the Criteria Details tab.
- For the Variables Description field, select the applicable criteria.
- Click Selected Detail Values under How Specified.
- Select (=) equal under the Operator field. Enter the specific Value/Node for the specified above criteria.
Navigation: Setup SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > Waivers
- Click the Add a New Value tab
- Enter the SetID and new Waiver Code.
- Enter a Long Description describing the purpose of the waiver
- Effective date should be on or after the effective date of the criteria. Waivers are NOT term based.
- Account Type should match the item type that you will select or enter.
- Select Enable Student Override to allow waivers to be assigned manually.
- Select the Criteria of either No Criteria or Use Criteria. If selecting Use Criteria, enter the criteria created in the previous step.
- Ensure Use Excess Account is unselected to keep excess waiver amounts in the same account type.
- Waive Percentage: Use this field if the waiver will be waiving a percentage of charges on the account
- Item Type Group field should be left blank. We attach waivers to the tuition groups to particular term fees not item type groups
- Amount/Unit: Use this field if the waiver will be waiving a certain amount per unit
- Flat Amount: Use this field if the waiver will be waiving a flat amount from the total allowed charges
- Maximum Amount: Set the maximum amount that can be waived for a student.
- Adjust Until Date: Tip is to use a date that is way out into the future. This will help for any waivers that need adjusting for prior terms.
- All fields that pertain to Tax are not being used at this time.
- Once waiver information has been configured, click on the SAVE button.
Adding Waivers to Tuition Groups
Navigation: Main Menu > Setup SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > Tuition Groups
- Select each tuition group that the waiver may apply to.
- Select the Term Fees tab.
- Click the Waiver link next to each Fee Code the waiver should be applied to.
- Click the (+) add button and enter the Waiver Code and corresponding Priority.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Save button.
Assign the new waiver to either a group of students using the Mass Assign Student Waivers QRG or Assign Student Waiver Manually QRG for individual students.