Create and Copy a Payment Plan 27g
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating and copying a student payment plan in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Creating a Student Payment Plan
Navigation: Main Menu > Student Financials > Payment Plans > Payment Plan > Create
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Business Unit and Contract Number and click the Add button.
- Enter the desired information into the Payment Plan 1 tab.
- Enter a Description, Short Description, and Long Description based on local naming convention.
- Pay Plan Type: Select Credit the Original Account.
- Status: Select from the list of values; typically Active.
- Total Budget Amt: Enter the maximum amount that can be applied to the payment plan.
- First Bill Date: Enter the day the payment plan billing begins.
- Payment Due Days: Enter the number of days after the bill date that the payment is due.
- Number of Payments: Enter the number of payments in this plan.
- Term: Enter the academic term this payment plan applies to.
- Last Date: Enter the last date that charges can be added or adjusted and still be picked up by the plan.
- Billing Cycle: Enter the billing frequency.
- Service Impact: Enter the service impact that could prevent enrollment into the payment plan.
- Enter a Plan Type of Existing on the Payment Plan 2 tab. The remaining fields are unavailable for entry for pay plan type of Credit Original Account.
- Enter the following information into the Payment Plan Item Type tab:
- Adjustment Option: Select from the list of values.
- Extra Payments Option: Select from the list of values.
- Account Type: PPL (Payment Plan)
- Charge Item Type: Select Payment Plan Charge from the list of values.
- Payment Item Type: Select Payment Plan Payment
Payment plans types of Credit Original Account are not available for self service enrollment, therefore Self Service Options page does not require configuration.
- Enter the desired information into the Payment Plan Fee tab:
- Type of Assessment: Payment Plan Fee is typical. Other options are Percentage of Payment Plan or Monthly Interest Rate
- Payment Plan Fee: Enter a dollar amount OR
- Percentage of Payment Plan: Enter the percent to charge based on the dollar amount of the payment plan OR
- Monthly Interest Rate: Enter the monthly interest rate.
- Assessment Fee Split: Select an option from the drop down.
- Assessment Item Type: Select Payment Plan Charge from the list of values.
- Click the Save button.
Copy an Existing Payment Plan
Navigation: Student Financials > Payment Plans > Payment Plan Create
- Select Find an Existing Value and enter search criteria.
- Click Search and select the existing contract you wish to copy.
- Click the Contract Number to copy from the search results.
- Click the Copy button.
- Enter a New Contract Number and Description.
- Select Copy All Values to copy all related contract information from the previous contract.
- Click the Next button and edit the payment plan as needed following the prior instructions. Review each tab to confirm and edit contract parameters.