Create/Copy a Third Party Contract 27h
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create and copy a third party contract in ctcLink.
Audience: All staff
Creating a Third Party Contract
Navigation: Student Financials > Payment Plans > Third Party Contract > Create
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Business Unit and Contract Number and click the Add button.
- Enter the following information into the Third Party Contract tab.
- Enter a Description, Short Description, and Long Description based on institutional naming convention.
- Enter or select the External Org ID.
- Status: Select from the list of values; typically Active.
- Contract Priority is optional; the lower the number, the higher the priority.
- Enforce Contract Max: Typically leave checked (default).
- Contact Type: Select from the list of values.
- Contract Max: Maximum monetary amount that the sponsor provides for all sponsored students combined. This amount cannot be adjusted after students are linked to a contract.
- Student Max: Enter the maximum the sponsor provides per student. This amount cannot be adjusted after students are linked to the contract.
- Charge Tree: Select Item Security for the applicable business unit.
- Last Date: Enter the last date that new charges can be covered or new students can be assigned. This value cannot be adjusted after students area linked to the contract.
- Billing Cycle: Enter the billing frequency.
- Service Impact: Enter the service impact that would prevent students from enrolling in a third party contract.
- Select the Cross Reference Student Charge checkbox to provide charge details on the corporate account.
- Contract Group: Not used – leave blank.
- Enter any additional details related to the contract on the Third Party Contract Detail page. These fields are optional and can also be populated while assigning students to a contract.
- On the Third Party Item Types tab enter the following:
- Account Type: TPC (third party contract)
- Charge Item Type: Third Party Charge.
- Discount Item Type: Optional to allow discounts to third party sponsors.
- Credit Account Type: Select from the list of values.
- Credit Item Type: Enter or lookup.
- Contract Type: Select from the list of values.
- Term: Enter or lookup the term in which the contract applies.
- Item Type Group: Not used – leave blank.
Note: The available fields will vary depending on the contract type selected. The example uses the most common choices.
- On the Third Party Charges tab, enter the following:
- Tree Node: Select All (most common).
- Max Amount: The maximum amount to to be transferred to the corporate account for the corresponding tree node.
- Percentage: Typically 100%.
- Click the Save Button.
Copy an Individual Third Party Contract
Navigation: Student Financials > Payment Plans > Third Party Contract Create
- On the Find an Existing Value tab enter the search criteria to locate a contract to copy.
- Click Search.
- Click the Copy button to display the Copy Contract page.
- Enter a new, unique contract number in the New Contract Number field and a Description for the new contract.
- Check the Copy All Values checkbox.
- Click Next to return to the Third Party Contract page where the contract values can be edited using the instructions at the beginning of this guide.When editing is complete, click Save.